There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

stupid shannahan

Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by English:
lol@TErrell DAvis being "the key." What a joke. Is that way he made Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson look like complete studs immediately after? Give me a break.

A joke? So how many playoff wins did Shanahan get in his long HC career, without Davis?

Consider yourself given a break

About the same amount he won when he lost his starting QB too. Great job being singleminded. You take away the starting QB and RB and most HCs are going to struggle, and he still managed to get them into the playoffs. Also, that team was built full of aging veterans, and the Offense didn't significantly drop off either. Elway, Plummer, and Cutler all had their best years under Shanahan, and Steve Young called him the 2nd best playcaller he's been around since Walsh.

Let's just adopt your warped mentality and assume he isn't a good HC (who has won 2 superblowls with hardly any elite draft talent no less), he has a PROVEN track record when it comes to the offensive side of the ball. To blame him for Mcnabb's failings as a fat, overrated, inaccurate QB who got outplayed by Rex Grossman is a sure sign of stupidity. You should take a break as well.

OK apart from putting words in my mouth, I can't be bothered to have a discussion on football with someone who sinks into abuse.

You are wrong, but I can't be bothered
lol@TErrell DAvis being "the key." What a joke. Is that way he made Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson look like complete studs immediately after? Give me a break.

A joke? So how many playoff wins did Shanahan get in his long HC career, without Davis?

Consider yourself given a break

About the same amount he won when he lost his starting QB too. Great job being singleminded. You take away the starting QB and RB and most HCs are going to struggle, and he still managed to get them into the playoffs. Also, that team was built full of aging veterans, and the Offense didn't significantly drop off either. Elway, Plummer, and Cutler all had their best years under Shanahan, and Steve Young called him the 2nd best playcaller he's been around since Walsh.

Let's just adopt your warped mentality and assume he isn't a good HC (who has won 2 superblowls with hardly any elite draft talent no less), he has a PROVEN track record when it comes to the offensive side of the ball. To blame him for Mcnabb's failings as a fat, overrated, inaccurate QB who got outplayed by Rex Grossman is a sure sign of stupidity. You should take a break as well.

OK apart from putting words in my mouth, I can't be bothered to have a discussion on football with someone who sinks into abuse.

You are wrong, but I can't be bothered

, that is far from abuse. Basing all a coach's success on one RB - a RB who he was able to replace with similar production - is absolutely singleminded whether you can't be bothered or whatever.

Anyways, back to McFlab's suckage. I'm pretty sure Shanahan didn't even want the guy and it was pretty obvious he was declining rapidly, remember Reid shuttled him off WITHIN the freaking division. Vick has outperformed anything Mcnabb was able to do in only one year in Reid's system.
Shanahan is a huge dick and 1/2. Plummer basically came out in an interview and said that Shanahan was the first one to make him dislike football. He had some good success as an offensive coordinator and had a few nice years with Denver but without an Elway-caliber QB, he simply can't adjust and is both overrated and way overpaid.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Shanahan is a huge dick and 1/2. Plummer basically came out in an interview and said that Shanahan was the first one to make him dislike football. He had some good success as an offensive coordinator and had a few nice years with Denver but without an Elway-caliber QB, he simply can't adjust and is both overrated and way overpaid.

Plummer hated football because he was a hippie and everyone in Denver joked about him chocking in big games, dating cheerleaders and driving his Honda Element.

Shannahan made Griese and Plummer look pretty good. Shanahan is one of the better offensive coaches in the league. He kills himself by getting involved in personnel matters. He needs to focus more on coaching.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Plummer hated football because he was a hippie and everyone in Denver joked about him chocking in big games, dating cheerleaders and driving his Honda Element.

Shannahan made Griese and Plummer look pretty good. Shanahan is one of the better offensive coaches in the league. He kills himself by getting involved in personnel matters. He needs to focus more on coaching.

This.