There are 177 users in the forums

John Fox is the new HC of the Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Quote:
Denver_Broncos Denver Broncos

John Fox on his hiring as Broncos Head Coach, "I am very thankful to Pat Bowlen and John Elway for giving me the opportunity..."

"...to coach a football team with such a proud tradition. The Broncos have a culture of winning, and I am excited to continue that legacy."

"I can’t wait to get to work, pushing our players to be the best they can be and representing this community as head coach of the Broncos."

f**k the broncos

Apparently we have some Raiders fans on this board.

I root for the Raiders when they play the Broncos

f**k the Broncos
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Quote:

John Fox on his hiring as Broncos Head Coach, "I am very thankful to Pat Bowlen and John Elway for giving me the opportunity..."

"...to coach a football team with such a proud tradition. The Broncos have a culture of winning, and I am excited to continue that legacy."

"I can’t wait to get to work, pushing our players to be the best they can be and representing this community as head coach of the Broncos."

f**k the broncos

We just hate all other teams.

f**k all other teams.
Originally posted by susweel:
Quote:

f**k the broncos

f**k all other teams.

this
i think Fox is a good coach.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Quote:

f**k the broncos

f**k all other teams.

this

Then it would be wise not to visit NFL talk
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 13, 2011 at 1:16 PM ]
I don't get the love for John Fox.

He started out good as the Panthers head coach, going to the Super Bowl and NFC championship in his first 4 seasons.

But the past 5 seasons, he's 37-43. He went to the playoffs once during that span, and lost. And he had the worst team in the league this season.
Not a bad hire.

As far as the Broncos being great.. Well.. they weren't half the team we were even when they had Elway.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Quote:

f**k the broncos

f**k all other teams.

this

Dont mean we dont like talking about them.
Originally posted by statman:
I don't get the love for John Fox.

He started out good as the Panthers head coach, going to the Super Bowl and NFC championship in his first 4 seasons.

But the past 5 seasons, he's 37-43. He went to the playoffs once during that span, and lost. And he had the worst team in the league this season.

You can't just look at that and say -- "golly, Fox must suck," without seeing why the team was so bad.

Steve Smith hurt, developmental rookies for WR's, Peppers gone, injured running backs, horrible rookie QB that the offense didn't respect, injuries across the entire line. Yeah, it's VERY easy to go 2-14 with that. Only so much Fox could do, really.

But we all know of course, in the end.. It really doesn't matter who you are -- when your record is that bad, it usually means it's time for a change of scenery.
  • JDog
  • Veteran
It was kind of a weak search, but then again no one was knocking down the door to interview there!
[ Edited by JDog on Jan 13, 2011 at 1:26 PM ]

Considering their last head coach, this is a huge upgrade. Now I'm wondering if they consider staying with Orton, who's shown to be a very solid veteran QB for them and put the Tebow experiment on permanent hold.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:

f**k the broncos

f**k all other teams.

this

"F**k all other teams" isn't really talking about them
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Quote:

f**k the broncos

f**k all other teams.

this

"F**k all other teams" isn't really talking about them

so are all the coaching vacancies filled?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Considering their last head coach, this is a huge upgrade. Now I'm wondering if they consider staying with Orton, who's shown to be a very solid veteran QB for them and put the Tebow experiment on permanent hold.

The way that guy moves merchandise I think he'll be the starter heading into next season. Plus he showed flashes of improvement and leadership that the players seemed to really enjoy. Plus they can try to get a nice draft pick by trading Orton.
Share 49ersWebzone