There are 272 users in the forums

Hasselbeck to stay in Seattle?

Shop 49ers game tickets
LINK

Who's left now? Orton and McNabb?
Originally posted by aMikeNolanGuy:
LINK

This link shows nothing. What, was Carroll gonna say 'no, we dont want out starting QB on sunday to come back next year'. Hes still a FA and can go where he pleases. Neither Orton nor McNabb are free agents. Im sure McNabb will still be available for trade but still.
[ Edited by jojomellon on Jan 13, 2011 at 8:32 AM ]
My money is on us starting a rookie. The FA pool is just ridiculous. If anyone can do it Harbaugh can, but it will take our first rounder and a certain amount of guts!
Originally posted by English:
My money is on us starting a rookie. The FA pool is just ridiculous. If anyone can do it Harbaugh can, but it will take our first rounder and a certain amount of guts!

The only rookie I saw that possibly working with was Luck. I really think we're going to need a vet at least for awhile.

I agree that Carol isn't going to say anything different about Hasselback right now or even after the season is over. Still if Seattle wants him back the 9ers are going to have to outbid the Hawks by a significant amount in order to land him. I'm sure he'd prefer to finish up there.

Other options in my mind would be

McNabb, via trade or after he's released.
Vick, I can't see Philly letting him get away and I'm sure he doesn't want to leave.
Kolb, they say Philly wants a lot for him

If the CBA takes a long time to be decided my understanding is that we can't sign a FA, trade, OR let our rookies practice. Our only option if that happens is to bring in a guy who already plays a WCO (if there's enough time left to learn our version) or we're going to be forced to start David Carr.

For the love of god DON'T reach for the best QB available if he's not a great fit! Not in the 1st round anyway. I'd rather give up our 7th for Kolb than do that. (not that I want to give up our 7th for Kolb)
Originally posted by HomestarRunner:

The only rookie I saw that possibly working with was Luck. I really think we're going to need a vet at least for awhile.

I agree that Carol isn't going to say anything different about Hasselback right now or even after the season is over. Still if Seattle wants him back the 9ers are going to have to outbid the Hawks by a significant amount in order to land him. I'm sure he'd prefer to finish up there.

Vick, I can't see Philly letting him get away and I'm sure he doesn't want to leave.

If the CBA takes a long time to be decided my understanding is that we can't sign a FA, trade, OR let our rookies practice. Our only option if that happens is to bring in a guy who already plays a WCO (if there's enough time left to learn our version) or we're going to be forced to start David Carr.

For the love of god DON'T reach for the best QB available if he's not a great fit! Not in the 1st round anyway. I'd rather give up our 7th for Kolb than do that. (not that I want to give up our 7th for Kolb)

The vets we could get won't be worth getting in my view. Hence starting a rook.

Unless (to p off the zone) we bring back Alex

lol. if Harbaugh makes decisions just to rile up the 'zone, then we are doomed.

Lord I hope not. I would rather throw out a vet I have no faith in and let the rook learn at least a year.
Orton may stay also. And people calling for McNabb are living in the past. He's washed up. Of course Hasslebeck may stay. He's been there a long time.

We likely aren't gettting a FA QB. We are looking at a rookie which could lead to a real bad record.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aMikeNolanGuy:
LINK

I'm going with the Idea that we may keep Alex Smith, trade for Josh Johnson and bring in a rookie qb. To be honest I'm going to support whatever Harbaugh decides, and see how it plays out next season
I have a feeling we're going to draft two quarterbacks. I just hope that our later round pick doesn't outperform our earlier one.
[ Edited by YungAce on Jan 13, 2011 at 8:58 PM ]

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Orton may stay also. And people calling for McNabb are living in the past. He's washed up. Of course Hasslebeck may stay. He's been there a long time.

We likely aren't gettting a FA QB. We are looking at a rookie which could lead to a real bad record.

dennis dixon!
Even Hasselbeck said, "I expected him to say he wanted me back", of course I am paraphrasing.
Share 49ersWebzone