LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Are Rex Ryan Type Rants Good for Football?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Are Rex Ryan Type Rants Good for Football?

f**k Rex Ryan

I hate that f**ker so much
REAL WINNERS don't trash talk...

Walsh didn't talk trash... Bellicheck doesn't talk trash...

Real men move in silence... Speak softly and carry a big stick. Plain and simple.
I don't see how it can be bad for the NFL. It only peaks people's interest and give them something to root against (or for).
His rants were funny and new when her first hit the scene.. Now its like listening to john madden.

edit: i like the almighty madden, just saying when he still did games.. you were always thinking WTF, or left shaking your head.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Aug 5, 2011 at 3:43 PM ]
It's better than "I WANT WINNERS"
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
It's better than "I WANT WINNERS"

His rant about stopping drew brees was funny though, if not for goldson.. we almost pulled it off.
Originally posted by statman:
He talks a lot of trash, and his team is definitely good, I wouldn't wanna go toe-to-toe with them.

But when they lose, he just ends up looking stupid with his foot in his mouth.

Doesn't he like feet in his mouth, even if it is his...
He had a mini rant about a player that just signed with the pats. It just made him look stupid and bitter.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
fu** rex ryan.

he is the opposite of a professional.
i used to hate Rex, thinking he was all talk and no walk. But he's pretty much backed up all he's said. He beats the Pats, and he's been to the championship game twice. He's really made the Jets into a powerhouse. And as long as he keeps beating the Pats i will root for him.

It does add more buzz and publicity to the league, but it has never been the 49er or San Francisco way. People may recall the taunting that the Chicago Bears and New York Giants did towards the 49ers in the 80's, but 49ers stayed above the fray. The 49ers have been about class, execution and focusing on success. Jerry Rice once spoke about that mentality, where the 49ers didn't participate in such brash talk because they were too focused on winning; all the talk was a distraction from executing their plan. 49ers were regularly called 'finesse' as an insult and they simply took that as motivation to 5 championships. This approach probably originates with Bill Walsh.
yes.

He wants to be the bad guy.

Let him take that role.

People will watch to see him lose and fail.
One of the most bizarre stories of the 2010 season came from the discovery of online foot-fetish photos and videos featuring the wife of Jets coach Rex Ryan. The coach who generally talks about anything and everything consistently slammed the door on this particular topic, calling it a personal matter until the media stopped asking about it.

link.
Share 49ersWebzone