LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

Ron Rivera next Panthers HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Former Chargers DC Ron Rivera has agreed to become Panthers next HC. Two sides now putting finishing touches on the contract.
they got their very own singletary. except better.
What happened to all the Cowher/Carolina talk? I recall that there was a lot of speculation that the Panthers may be Cowher's ideal comeback team.

-9fA
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
What happened to all the Cowher/Carolina talk? I recall that there was a lot of speculation that the Panthers may be Cowher's ideal comeback team.

-9fA

People said teams wanted a Football coach not a Czar.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Reports were that Carolina owner is more about paying up and coming coordinators then paying high priced coaches. Plus Cowher and his ppl put out a list of teams Cowher wanted to coach for and Carolina wasn't one of them.
^ I see, thanks.

-9fA
Good for him, it's about time he got his shot.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
mortreport Chris Mortensen

Rivera's deal 4 years, $11.2 million for Panthers. No option.

Quote:
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Panthers presser at 5 p.m. to introduce Ron Rivera as Carolina's next head coach.
Lots of Bay Area exposure going around the NFL recently.

Ron Rivera (ex-Cal) going to the Panthers.
Marshawn Lynch with that run.
Desean Jackson and Aaron Rodgers in the spotlight last weekend (Eagles - Packers)
Harbaugh getting hired. Luck staying
Elway with Denver management
Watching Rivera speak reminds me so much of Singletary.

Paraphrasing: "I will bring in an OC that will mesh with my system and this team..."

Sounds a lot like Singletary.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

Paraphrasing: "I will bring in an OC that will mesh with my system and this team..."

well he is a former bear
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Actually he reminds me of what we all thought Singletary was when we first hired him.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I actually think he will be a pretty solid coach. They get a good OC and that would be good for them
Originally posted by Jcool:

Actually he reminds me of what we all thought Singletary was when we first hired him.

hopefully he has more of clue how to actually coach.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by Jcool:

hopefully he has more of clue how to actually coach.

Well he is a proven defensive coordinator. I don't get the move though. It reminds me of the Broncos firing Mike Shanahan for Josh McDaniels. I think he will be ok.

However, I don't like the mix of a young QB and a defensive head coach. Outside of Jeff Fisher with Steve McNair, has it ever worked out? Often times, their approach retards the growth of the QB. Imagine Randall Cunningham being with the 49ers as opposed to Buddy Ryan at the beginning of his career.
Share 49ersWebzone