There are 188 users in the forums

If Rivera goes to Carolina .......

Shop 49ers game tickets
I can see Manusky returning to SD as the DC. He was the LB coach when he was hired by Nolan. Harbaugh better make a decision fast before we end up without Manusky or his Stanford DC.
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
I can see Manusky returning to SD as the DC. He was the LB coach when he was hired by Nolan. Harbaugh better make a decision fast before we end up without Manusky or his Stanford DC.

Manusky is still under contract, which means he can't make a lateral move without permission from the team.

I'm sure Harbaugh is pouring over film in an attempt to gauge the weaknesses of the team. He really doesn't have to make a decision until after the Super Bowl.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:

Manusky is still under contract, which means he can't make a lateral move without permission from the team.

I'm sure Harbaugh is pouring over film in an attempt to gauge the weaknesses of the team. He really doesn't have to make a decision until after the Super Bowl.

wrong.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Nice hijacking of NFL network.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Nice hijacking of NFL network.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by Jcool:

wrong.

Panthers Ask 49ers Permission To Interview Assistant Greg Manusky

I think his contract is up in March

Yeah it runs through the 2010 season I figured that would end when the 49ers season did not the NFL season.

wrong.

Yeah it runs through the 2010 season I figured that would end when the 49ers season did not the NFL season.

you were wrong.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:

wrong.

you were wrong.

Yup.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:

wrong.

you were wrong.

Yup.

So I guess the niners can take a little time to see what they want to do at DC

Quote:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Harbaugh targets Fangio to be 49ers D.C., as Manusky is given permission to interview with Cardinals and Cowboys. http://bit.ly/erMMnw
Ron Rivera to be named the next coach of the Carolina Panthers. with the 1st pick in the 2011 NFL the Carolina Panthers select....Nick Farely, D-Lineman, Auburn

He's doesn't need to gauge...it's all over the radar.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I wonder how Carolina fans must feel about Rivera becoming their HC. For me, no way Rivera would've been one of my candidates for HC.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I wonder how Carolina fans must feel about Rivera becoming their HC. For me, no way Rivera would've been one of my candidates for HC.

The ability to successfully run 4-3 and 3-4 defenses make him an attractive coach. He did a very good job in San Diego after losing MANY key pieces - Merriman and Williams to name a few. If Manusky gets hired as the DC, don't be surprised to see Lawson and Franklin starting in Carolina. Lawson went to college in that area, and Franklin is closer to home.

They already have OLB prospects in Hardy and Brown that can make the conversion. Draft a guy like Fairly, and resign Marshall, and you have a stout and physical defense.

DE: Fairley
NT: Franklin
DE: Hayden

OLB: Lawson
ILB: Connor
ILB: Beason
OLB: Brown/Hardy

CB: Marshall
CB: Gamble
FS: Martin
SS: Godfrey

You sign a vet QB to start, and the team could certainly surprise in 2011.
Originally posted by GEEK:

The ability to successfully run 4-3 and 3-4 defenses make him an attractive coach. He did a very good job in San Diego after losing MANY key pieces - Merriman and Williams to name a few. If Manusky gets hired as the DC, don't be surprised to see Lawson and Franklin starting in Carolina. Lawson went to college in that area, and Franklin is closer to home.

They already have OLB prospects in Hardy and Brown that can make the conversion. Draft a guy like Fairly, and resign Marshall, and you have a stout and physical defense.

I feel like Fairley would be wasted in a 3-4 defense.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Uh, wheres Charles Johnson? 270 lb DE with 12 sacks this year. No way they switch to a 3-4. They have quite a bit of talent, all fitting the 4-3, save for the DT position which they have nothing at. drafting Fairley to play DE in a 3-4 would be like drafting Glenn Dorsey to do the same thing. Oh wait...

and wait, are you assuming Manusky to Car? I thought this thread was about him going to SD to be the DC, or did you mis read?
[ Edited by jojomellon on Jan 10, 2011 at 10:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone