There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Steve Smith (Panthers)

Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Steve Smith would be amazing for this team if we can get him.

I agree. I could care less about the temper, this team needs guys with a fire under their ass. I think Steve Smith wants to win. His leadership would mean more than anything else.

Yeah but he might knock out Crabtree lmao.
Trade for him so he could KO Alex Smith for being such a pansy.

Alex thought Antonio Bryant was bad. He hasn't seen anything yet.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I agree. I could care less about the temper, this team needs guys with a fire under their ass. I think Steve Smith wants to win. His leadership would mean more than anything else.

^^That too.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

^^That too.

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I would love to get Steve Smith, he with a good QB would complete this offense.

Smith, VD, Crabs, Ginn, Gore, Westbrook, Walker, Morgan

Westbrook is not gonna be on the squad this year- book it.
met him at popeyes in that alanta airport... dude is really nice and alot smaller then I thought. Would love to have him on our team
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
met him at popeyes in that alanta airport... dude is really nice and alot smaller then I thought. Would love to have him on our team

You tell him you were a niner fan?
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

You tell him you were a niner fan?

nah i didnt, did even realize he was there till the guy at the counter greeted him with his name. I just said hi and asked him about his arm because he had a crazy high tech looking cast on it, and I didnt know he had broken it. He was with his wife and kids so I kept it short and wished him luck, then ate my chicken
Steve Smith for a 3rd round pick seems like a no-brainer to me?
Who better to come in and wake this team up.
Am I wrong for thinking this?
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Carolina Panthers shopping WR Steve Smith for a 3rd-round pick?

The Charlotte Observer is suggesting that the Carolina Panthers might make veteran WR Steve Smith available for a third-round pick when the 2011 season gets underway. For some teams in needs of a play-making wide receiver, this would be a trade that they should consider. Smith is currently under contract for two more seasons, $7 million in 2011 and $7.75 million in 2012. He becomes a free agent in 2013, prior to his 34th birthday.

I can think of five possible teams which should consider this trade as soon as the NFL season gets under way.

Cleveland Browns- The Browns could a receiving target, any receiving target and Smith would fit the bill nicely for second-year QB Colt McCoy.

Oakland Raiders- A veteran receiver added to the stable of fleet-footed pass catchers that the Raiders currently have would be a welcome addition.

Washington Redskins- I thought that the Washington Redskins should have explored the option of trading for Smith last season at the time of the NFL trade deadline. QB Donovan McNabb needed some offensive weapons. The receiver situation hasn’t changed in Washington and whoever lines up under center for the Redskins next season is going to need some additional help.

San Diego Chargers- WR Malcom Floyd could be gone and Vincent Jackson still doesn’t have the long-term contract that he is asking for. The clock is ticking on QB Philip Rivers window of opportunity and perhaps head coach Norv Turner’s job.

St. Louis Rams- I seriously believe that the Rams are a legitimate number one receiver and another running back away from contending for the NFC West division. The Rams could try to sign free agent WR Plaxico Burress, but Steve Smith is in football shape and could contribute right away. You don’t know what you are getting in signing Burress.

Another team which should consider Smith would be the Chicago Bears. I don’t see the Bears parting with a third round pick in exchange for Smith though. I believe they will target a veteran receiver in free agency.

Link
Im tired of a short fast WR, lets get a 6'7'' leaper already.......
i've always liked steve smith's game.. that's one non-49er jersey i would copp
Alex Smith will over and under throw him
it might be cuz im heated up right now n maybe ill calm down but as of right Kyle Williams is one of America's Most wanted............i CANT STAND ANYTHING THAT HAS 2 DO WITH HIM