LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Steve Smith (Panthers)

Shop 49ers game tickets
no thx...old, seems to slow down, has a big mouth and dropped some catchable passes....
I went to the game in Carolina, its amazing how much that city loves Steve Smith, when he walked on the field he had the biggest cheers, he returned punts and people screamed for him .. It was very crazy ..
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
I went to the game in Carolina, its amazing how much that city loves Steve Smith, when he walked on the field he had the biggest cheers, he returned punts and people screamed for him .. It was very crazy ..
nice...but how would it help US?
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
nice...but how would it help US?

Im just saying if we wanted him, I doubt they're willing to trade him. Probably half their fans that had jersey's on we're of Smith .. He's a money bringer for them.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Who would get cut? What about his effect on locker room ? I'm thinking no thanks.

Huh? What do you mean "Who would get cut"? From our team?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Who would get cut? What about his effect on locker room ? I'm thinking no thanks.

Huh? What do you mean "Who would get cut"? From our team?

lol seriously, we dont have anyone on our roster that is better than steve smith. crabtree could be but he hasnt proven anything and regressed a little last year. steve smith would be a huge upgrade IF we can get him
Steve Smith is on the downslope of his career and would definitely be one of those overpriced free agents we should stay away from. We need to build through the draft as the most successful teams do like the Patriots, Steelers, and Ravens do.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Evidence Steve Smith is done in Carolina

Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith has been rumored to be on his way out of Carolina this off-season. Obviously nothing can happen until the new league year begins. Which may be closer then we had first anticipated a few days ago since the NFL lockout was lifted yesterday evening.

According to Eric Edholm of Pro Football Weekly Smith cleared out his locker and private luxury suite, which was a part of his contract with the team. The suite included personal possessions such as pictures and memorabilia of his career.

Link
Steve Smith is a cancer. When he wasn't fighting teammates in practice he regularly went out of his way to intimidate the young receivers they drafted. The only young WR that's shown any flashes during the Smith era in Carolina is the guy they drafted last year (Gettis?) and that was when Smith was injured, which he always seems to be. He makes TO look like Isaac Bruce.
Not only is he losing his speed, but he is always hurt.

Small contract with incentives

• mod
  • Veteran
I would not sign him
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
i'd give up a 4th for steve smith at the most

3rd rounder
Steve Smith would be amazing for this team if we can get him.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Steve Smith would be amazing for this team if we can get him.

I agree. I could care less about the temper, this team needs guys with a fire under their ass. I think Steve Smith wants to win. His leadership would mean more than anything else.
i would send a 3rd
Share 49ersWebzone