There are 250 users in the forums

CBA Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
So we've all been hearing about this whole CBA problem that the NFL has and how much it could negatively affect next season. I don't know too much about it. What is the issue and what would happen if it isn't resolved? For example, what type of things would the Niners, and other teams around the league, not be able to do?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:
So we've all been hearing about this whole CBA problem that the NFL has and how much it could negatively affect next season. I don't know too much about it. What is the issue and what would happen if it isn't resolved? For example, what type of things would the Niners, and other teams around the league, not be able to do?

Everything aka no trades or signing FA.... Owners would lock out the players meaning Harbaugh cant have off season work outs and training camps.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 9, 2011 at 7:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

Everything aka no trades or signing FA.... Owners would lock out the players meaning Harbaugh cant have off season work outs and training camps.

And if no CBA was met by the start of the season, we could see something like the strike year, replacement players, or no season at all. Don't bank on this though, these owners know the value of football to the whole economy. We'll have a season. But Free Agency could cease to exist, We still will have the draft but any other offseason acquisitions will be stopped.
when does it have to be agreed on by to have a normal offseason?
So if there is no Free Agency, what happens to the players that will be free agents?

Alex Smith, Peyton Manning, etc.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
So if there is no Free Agency, what happens to the players that will be free agents?

Well Alex will go to the UFL and Peyton will be available to be signed by march 5th
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

before the current CBA expires which is at the official conclusion of the 2010/11 season, on, i believe, march 3rd
WTF? They better get this s**t taken care of. So the FAs would just not play football for the NFL?

Fuuuuck. And no TC and OTAs means less time to install the WCO.
Originally posted by daWest:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

before the current CBA expires which is at the official conclusion of the 2010/11 season, on, i believe, march 3rd
i think itll get done by then. both sides will lose lots of money if it doesnt get done
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Might help

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=120944

Might help

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=120944

Soooooo, it'll be the merge?
Originally posted by jcashen87:

And if no CBA was met by the start of the season, we could see something like the strike year, replacement players, or no season at all. Don't bank on this though, these owners know the value of football to the whole economy. We'll have a season. But Free Agency could cease to exist, We still will have the draft but any other offseason acquisitions will be stopped.

Originally posted by smithgdwg:

They won't play just like the rest of the players because there is no CBA, i.e. no agreement between the union that represents ALL the players in the NFL and management, (aka the Owners).

When a new CBA is signed, (collective bargaining agreement), Free Agency almost certainly will exist again, it just may not be exactly like it is today. I.e. things like the various tags and how long till you are a free agent may be different.
If replacement players will get to play, does that mean we'll see the return of #11?
Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
If replacement players will get to play, does that mean we'll see the return of #11?

Share 49ersWebzone