LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Matt Leinart

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by Billl:
Touchdown or checkdown.......if that is bad, tell Gruden. Then take a look at the Cards O-Line. I saw one 2012 draft analysis that said Levi Brown is the WORST starting LT in the NFL(IMO that understates the fact). And Keith at the RT is even worse.....I saw one article where he was leading the L in sacks allowed with an average time of lt 2 Seconds. Cards probably have one of the 3 WORST O-lines in the NFL.......ask DA, Max Hall, Skelton, and the CFL guy they threw in at the last.........is that Whisenhunt's progression of QB's........ought to be a REFERENCE for Matt.

Matt threw for 232 and 2 TDs against the 2006 Bears, when they were monsters of the midway, in the Dennis Green THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE game.....he lead them to a "winning" FG that Rackers Missed. Matt threw for OVER 400 yds against Minn in Nov of 2006......1st 400 yd game by a Rookie.........Seems all the problems return to Whisenhunt.....now, doesn't it.

You left out the 2007 season opener where he lost to Alex head to head. Leinart had Fitz and Boldin while Smith had Battle and DJax. Oh, and our head coach was Nowin.

Yet again, history vindicates the sane.

/thread.

Agree. keep in mind, even if Leinart signs here or anywhere (like Houston last year) its for a 3rd string or back-up job at best. He would basically take Carr's spot here.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Touchdown or checkdown.......if that is bad, tell Gruden. Then take a look at the Cards O-Line. I saw one 2012 draft analysis that said Levi Brown is the WORST starting LT in the NFL(IMO that understates the fact). And Keith at the RT is even worse.....I saw one article where he was leading the L in sacks allowed with an average time of lt 2 Seconds. Cards probably have one of the 3 WORST O-lines in the NFL.......ask DA, Max Hall, Skelton, and the CFL guy they threw in at the last.........is that Whisenhunt's progression of QB's........ought to be a REFERENCE for Matt.

Matt threw for 232 and 2 TDs against the 2006 Bears, when they were monsters of the midway, in the Dennis Green THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE game.....he lead them to a "winning" FG that Rackers Missed. Matt threw for OVER 400 yds against Minn in Nov of 2006......1st 400 yd game by a Rookie.........Seems all the problems return to Whisenhunt.....now, doesn't it.

You left out the 2007 season opener where he lost to Alex head to head. Leinart had Fitz and Boldin while Smith had Battle and DJax. Oh, and our head coach was Nowin.

/thread.

Agree. keep in mind, even if Leinart signs here or anywhere (like Houston last year) its for a 3rd string or back-up job at best. He would basically take Carr's spot here.

I think Leinart has more potential that Carr, I'd much rather have him as our 3rd QB, Carr's a bum
I left the Cards because Whiz is a worthless liar and human being.........

what did u think of singletary?
Originally posted by ads_2006:

kurt warner loves wiz as does fitz only lineart has a prolem with him
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Boldin did too right? I know him and Todd Haley hated each other as well.

i have no clue about boldin which is why i didnt add him ya boldon and haley had a mini fued

i have no clue about boldin which is why i didnt add him ya boldon and haley had a mini fued

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-05-12/seahawks-reportedly-interested-in-matt-leinart

looks like his old coach wants him
He was the Cardinals best option at QB last year
Whiz was an idiot for letting him go.
He was statistically their best QB in preseason but they opted to go to Anderson.

Sucks for them lol
Rookie QBs rookie years from 2005 to 2010.

Draft Pos.......Name...............Rookie Yr............QB Rating
....3..............Matt Ryan.........2008....................87.7
....1..............Sam Bradford...2010....................76.5
....10............MATT LEINART..2006....................74.0
....3..............Vince Young.....2006....................66.7
....1..............Matt Stafford....2009....................61.0
....1..............J. Russell..........2007....................55.9
....1..............Alex Smith........2005....................40.8

Seems Matt was ON Course thru HS, USC and His Rookie Year under Dennis Green. What went wrong was on WhisenHunts watch starting in 2007....and it WASN'T Football it was personal. Boldin, on if he was surprised at Matt's termination;

"Honestly no. That’s just because I’ve been there and witnessed the relationship between both Matt and Coach Whisenhunt. So I’m actually not surprised. I don’t really want to speak too much on that because it’s not my problem. If it doesn’t refer to anybody in black and purple, I really could care less."

So, I say forget the Whiz years. Take Matt off of his college production, his rookie production and 2010 under Kubiak......remember his comments;

It’s huge,” Kubiak said about Leinart’s upside. “He’s got the ‘it’ factor. People follow him and just watching him come here with us, where he was when he walked in the door, what he had been through and watching the confidence that he’s walking around this building with this past week as we prepared to play our last game, either we’re going to get him or somebody else is going to get a hell of a quarterback. I think he is going to be a fine, fine player.”

So if 3 years under a lunatic tyrant haven't left permanent scars, and those 3 years can be just thrown in the trash bin........you get a TOP QB, with his rookie year behind him, and a bonus of 5 years learning the NFL and NFC West...........he won't cost 50 million, or a first draft pick plus, just back-up dollars with a fair chance to compete and bonuses when he wins.........and, the haters????......TOO BAD!! Then again SF could face him in Seattle.
Rookie QBs rookie years from 2005 to 2010.

Draft Pos.......Name...............Rookie Yr............QB Rating
....3..............Matt Ryan.........2008....................87.7
....1..............Sam Bradford...2010....................76.5
....10............MATT LEINART..2006....................74.0
....3..............Vince Young.....2006....................66.7
....1..............Matt Stafford....2009....................61.0
....1..............J. Russell..........2007....................55.9
....1..............Alex Smith........2005....................40.8

Seems Matt was ON Course thru HS, USC and His Rookie Year under Dennis Green. What went wrong was on WhisenHunts watch starting in 2007....and it WASN'T Football it was personal. Boldin, on if he was surprised at Matt's termination;

"Honestly no. That’s just because I’ve been there and witnessed the relationship between both Matt and Coach Whisenhunt. So I’m actually not surprised. I don’t really want to speak too much on that because it’s not my problem. If it doesn’t refer to anybody in black and purple, I really could care less."

So, I say forget the Whiz years. Take Matt off of his college production, his rookie production and 2010 under Kubiak......remember his comments;

It’s huge,” Kubiak said about Leinart’s upside. “He’s got the ‘it’ factor. People follow him and just watching him come here with us, where he was when he walked in the door, what he had been through and watching the confidence that he’s walking around this building with this past week as we prepared to play our last game, either we’re going to get him or somebody else is going to get a hell of a quarterback. I think he is going to be a fine, fine player.”

So if 3 years under a lunatic tyrant haven't left permanent scars, and those 3 years can be just thrown in the trash bin........you get a TOP QB, with his rookie year behind him, and a bonus of 5 years learning the NFL and NFC West...........he won't cost 50 million, or a first draft pick plus, just back-up dollars with a fair chance to compete and bonuses when he wins.........and, the haters????......TOO BAD!! Then again SF could face him in Seattle.

and in 2009 he has had a 64 rating

he had fitz boldin and breasten for crying out loud all are better than our WRs not to mention whiz as HC better than nolan and singeltary combined and haley as his OC

he has had much much much better weapons coaching and system than anyone on the niners since 2002 yet gets a 64 rating in 2009

isnt worth the time or money unles hes a backup behind alex and kaepernick

Well, wasn't that a Whisenhunt year......3 years of a Lunatic tyrant.....64 might equal 120. But, Haters will be haters.......and if you like Kap.....NOT Alex???......good luck. I truly hope you lose, and SF picks him up. But, if they don't they don't. I have no doubt that Alex or Kap would lose to Matt in a fair competition.......and I could be an SF fan.........but, then what would YOU do.......root for Matt? LOL!!!!
Well, wasn't that a Whisenhunt year......3 years of a Lunatic tyrant.....64 might equal 120. But, Haters will be haters.......and if you like Kap.....NOT Alex???......good luck. I truly hope you lose, and SF picks him up. But, if they don't they don't. I have no doubt that Alex or Kap would lose to Matt in a fair competition.......and I could be an SF fan.........but, then what would YOU do.......root for Matt? LOL!!!!

Wtf did you just write?
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Wtf did you just write?

lol this all i got is that lineart will beat alex and kaep in a qb competition the answer is no he cant he cant even beat derek anderson and he is incapable of throwin the ball more than 10 yards
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:

/thread.

I think Leinart has more potential that Carr, I'd much rather have him as our 3rd QB, Carr's a bum

Yeah, at least Leinart will show up with some eye candy.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Seahawks Pick Up Matt Leinart, Reunited with Pete Carroll

With Matt Hasselbeck not returning to the Seahwaks this season, Pete Carroll needed to fill the big shoes under center. Until he figures that out, the Seahawks have signed both Tavaris Jackson, and Heisman Trophy winner and USC star Matt Leinart.

Leinart has been a bust thus far, first being replaced in Arizona who drafted him in the first round, and then finding nothing but bench time in Houston with the Texans. Charlie Whitehurst is also in competition for the starting role in Seattle, a team that famously made the playoffs last season despite being 7-9.

Well, at least the bar is low for these guys. You don’t even have to win half your games to make the playoffs. Talk about no pressure.

Leinart has thrown for less than 4,000 yards and only 14 TDs in his first 4 seasons, after throwing for as many yards and twice as many TDs in only 2 seasons at USC.

Link
Share 49ersWebzone