LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 168 users in the forums

Matt Leinart

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He worse than Alex...

You are a clown. Nobody cares what you have to say, you don't even like the niners. Clown.......

he IS worse than alex smith
Hmmm

He could not get it done with Fitzgerald and Boldin..... Maybe 3 pro bowl WR's to be good?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
if he did come out in 2005 and we took him number 1 overall, we have had been even in a worse situation than we've been with Smith. Considering the lack of seriousness Leinart has had in the NFL, I'm shocked he even has a back up job. You know somethings up when a guy loses his job to Derek Anderson and a 6th round rookie qb
I would rather trade a 7th rounder for Brady Quinn.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Leinart's rookie season was actually much better than Sanchez's, and about equal to his 2nd season. Of course, Sanchez is very overrated, but it just illustrates how important the situation is to a young qb. The Jets are great enough at other positions to still be a contender despite a bad qb, but the Cardinals needed Warner just to compete.

Leinart's barely played since that rookie season, but all signs point to him actually regressing, perhaps due to poor work ethic. Maybe Harbaugh can turn him around but I doubt he'll be interested.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pd24:
He didnt get a chance in AZ. They let Anderson play, but the coach didn't like Matt Leinart.

Think about that for awhile and then get back to us!!!
He's never got a chance because he's never worked hard enough for one. He has a horrible reputation for a horrible work ethic, and that's why he got kicked out of Arizona before his official try out was over. With Harbaugh's work ethic there is no way they go after Lienart.

End of Thread.
Originally posted by vaden:
Leinart's rookie season was actually much better than Sanchez's, and about equal to his 2nd season. Of course, Sanchez is very overrated, but it just illustrates how important the situation is to a young qb. The Jets are great enough at other positions to still be a contender despite a bad qb, but the Cardinals needed Warner just to compete.

Leinart's barely played since that rookie season, but all signs point to him actually regressing, perhaps due to poor work ethic. Maybe Harbaugh can turn him around but I doubt he'll be interested.

He also was throwing to Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald. His rookie year should've been better than Mark Sanchez's.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
He's a douchebag who doesn't care about football the way a QB needs to. I want nothing to do with him
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by vaden:

He also was throwing to Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald. His rookie year should've been better than Mark Sanchez's.

That's true but Sanchez had more support from the OL, running game and defense. He's not asked to win games, just not lose them.

I hate me some Leinart. I don't like left handed QBs, except for 1, and he's not coming back.
no
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
If the Seahawks let Hasselbeck go, don't be surprised Leinart signing with the Seahawks. Mike Williams and Matt Leinart back together.
Originally posted by GEEK:
If the Seahawks let Hasselbeck go, don't be surprised Leinart signing with the Seahawks. Mike Williams and Matt Leinart back together.

you mean Pete Carroll and Matt Leinart back together? I dunno, they had a chance to get him when Ari let him go and Pete passed. Of course I think he sucks so if that happens great.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by GEEK:

you mean Pete Carroll and Matt Leinart back together? I dunno, they had a chance to get him when Ari let him go and Pete passed. Of course I think he sucks so if that happens great.

Well, all three.
Share 49ersWebzone