LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Singletary hired as LB Coach for the Vikings

Shop 49ers game tickets
Great! Now he can open up a vendor stand selling crosses there for $20!
I hope they have a lot of film in Minnesota, because Singletary wants to look at all of it.

I wish him luck. He worked with linebackers with the Ravens and the Niners and I am sure he is one hell of a coach.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I hope they have a lot of film in Minnesota, because Singletary wants to look at all of it.

I wish him luck. He worked with linebackers with the Ravens and the Niners and I am sure he is one hell of a coach.

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
So much for Alex Smith going to Minn.

this could be very true

Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

I wish him the best of luck
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by crzy:
Great hire for the Vikings

Singletary is a very good LB coach, just not qualified to be a head coach.
We should've kept him as LBs coach
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
honestly I'm a bit disappointed that Mike isn't looking for a DC gig himself, going BACK to LB's coach does nothing for his career he's already proven himself at that position.

if I was him I would've tried to AT LEAST interview for some DC positions

He's never been a DC before. Going back to his specialty sounds like exactly what he needs, right now.

just because he hasn't been one before doesn't mean he can't the opportunity, all DC's at one point had never been a DC before

He's been a LB coach, done a good a job. He's been a HEAD COACH (say what you want about it, but he does have that experience) he is obviously a defensive guy, I think it makes sense to look to get a gig at that position.

Who would hire him? Idk, I'm not saying some team would, I'm just saying maybe he should have seen if that was an option for him before taking this job, JMHO

I doubt the option was available to him. It reminds me of Herman Edwards. Never was a defensive coordinator, but had a pretty decent run record wise in his first run as HC, and was with the Chiefs where he was essentially Dennis Erickson'd (had the roster blown up).

To my knowledge, he was never offered a job as a DC (never served as one before either), so it's not a guaranteed thing just because you have held a head coaching position before. Typically, you go back to what you were before you became a head coach.

I honestly would like to see Sing up in the booth one day calling plays JUST to see what type of game plans he'd come up with for his defense.
Damn it will be so strange to see him in the background on there sidlines, im so used to seein him on the frontline as the HNIC. WHAT A REALITY CHECK!
wait....are you sure its not Vance Singletary?

• Chief
  • Veteran
perfect position for Sing
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
wait....are you sure its not Vance Singletary?

yes im sure
J/K f**k VANCE SINGLETARY
If you guys saw Mike Singletary say at the mall for instance, would you try to f**k him up and attack him?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
If you guys saw Mike Singletary say at the mall for instance, would you try to f**k him up and attack him?

um no? im not a little b***h.

act like a mature adult.
Share 49ersWebzone