LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Money in the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
This thread is not about a specific head coach. Let's see middle linebacker 10 million a year. Tight end 8 million a year. Franchise QB 14 million, RB 5.9 million, Wr 9 million, LB 7.4 million, line men 7.7 million, DE 7.7 million, the most important person on the field besides the QB is worth less than franchise players? The coach needs to make more money if he is responsible for all of the game plans etc. We are blaming all our problems on 1 guy Singletary what's 8 million a year to fix that problem.

Agreed 100%
the Harbaugh-money problem is the same as the rookie pay scale problem: unproven guys commanding the biggest contracts. Why should the dude make more money than Belichek when he hasn't done anything as a coach in the NFL?

I agree that now is not the time to be cheap on a coach, but if the Niners offered him a fair deal and the Dolphins offered him a ridiculous deal, and he took the ridiculous one, I really don't see how you can blame the Niners.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
the Harbaugh-money problem is the same as the rookie pay scale problem: unproven guys commanding the biggest contracts. Why should the dude make more money than Belichek when he hasn't done anything as a coach in the NFL?

I agree that now is not the time to be cheap on a coach, but if the Niners offered him a fair deal and the Dolphins offered him a ridiculous deal, and he took the ridiculous one, I really don't see how you can blame the Niners.

I haven't been one to bash Jed but let me say this: If he didn't know then, he better know now that we are not in a position to offer "fair" deals. We have so little leverage that we need to offer "ridiculous" deals to close.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
A good coach is worth more than his players.
Share 49ersWebzone