Shane Lechler lambastes Raiders for firing Tom Cable

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
Trade Andy Lee for him NOW

GTFO

Lee is Awesome but Lechler is the best Punter in the league

Andy Lee does more than enough for us. Lechler wouldn't be a significant upgrade.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
The guys a f**ken punter...................are punters even allowed to talk lol

Only if you are the best punter in football, and have been for the past 9 years.

This!!!
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
Trade Andy Lee for him NOW

GTFO

Lee is Awesome but Lechler is the best Punter in the league

He doesn't do much more and is 40 years older than Lee. We could have Lee for life!
Shane is right...stupid move.

And I am sure he isnt worried about it, if they cut him he would have a job 12 mins later
Quote:
“I can’t go through another head coach,” Lechler said

this has to be one of the funniest things i've read in a while. looks like he's going to have to study brand new playbook
Originally posted by 49er4life:

Only if you are the best punter in football, and have been for the past 9 years.

The fact remains.. He's a PUNTER.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by 49er4life:

The fact remains.. He's a PUNTER.

So his statement is untrue because he's a punter? Let's address the issue at hand. It would be nice if someone on our team would stand up and tell the truth about this franchise in the same way.

On another note, if what he's saying is true about the free agents, does anyone think Robert Gallery is worth pursuing in FA? We still need a guard.

Quote:
A day after Lechler’s rant, Raiders sign a new punter
Posted by Mike Florio on January 5, 2011, 9:56 PM EST
large_Glenn_Pakulak_No__260

On Tuesday, the Raiders opted not to pick up the option on coach Tom Cable’s contract. On Tuesday night, Lechler unloaded on the organization for dumping Cable.

On Wednesday, the Raiders signed punter Glenn Pakulak. The team announced the move on its website.

We doubt that it’s a coincidence.

Lechler, a Raiders since 2000, is signed through 2012. Pakulak spent eight games with the Saints in 2008, and two with the Redskins in 2009.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Quote:

On Tuesday, the Raiders opted not to pick up the option on coach Tom Cable’s contract. On Tuesday night, Lechler unloaded on the organization for dumping Cable.

On Wednesday, the Raiders signed punter Glenn Pakulak. The team announced the move on its website.

Lechler, a Raiders since 2000, is signed through 2012. Pakulak spent eight games with the Saints in 2008, and two with the Redskins in 2009.

Originally posted by YungAce:
Quote:

this has to be one of the funniest things i've read in a while. looks like he's going to have to study brand new playbook

Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Quote:

lol thats funny as s**t
Shane Lechler has no worries. If they release him, he'll get picked up instantly. I love Andy Lee and think he's the #2 punter in the NFL... but Shane Lechler is #1 and has been #1 for a long time.

With that said, it's terrible that your punter is the voice of reason in your organization. 8-8 and 6-0 in the division in his first season is impressive.
Sounds like a guy who wants to be release.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Quote:

how many plays can it be, hes the punter
Share 49ersWebzone