LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

The **OFFICIAL** Cam Newton Bandwagon!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 909er:
Sus being sus but ur the worst niner fan I've ever seen. I've been a niner fan for 36 years and have a huge game room full of niner memorabilia that I've collected over the years and not one time have I had a niner fan let alone a rival fan (both my father in laws are Seahawks fans) talk so bad or root against my niners as you. All you do is try to troll us real niner fans and get a rise out of us.. If you like cam so much then go be a damn Carolina panty fan and gtfo our forum. I don't post much here but I guarantee I've followed my niners FAITHFULLY a hell of longer than you and I think I speak for a majority of us here by saying this.... Ive seen all your post but saying cam is a beast pisses me off.....i know cowboy and seahawk fans with more respect for MY NINERS than you.... Like my mama use to Say "if you can't say nothing nice than stfu"...

Lolol
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by awp8912:
See guys this is what I meant. Panther fans pretending to be Niner faithful.

What was the most important game that dude has won?!?

When was the last time he carried his team on his back??

Is there even a highlight reel on youtube of his most impressive wins?

What a joke of an overrated QB.

KAP > CAM not even close.

Your post is no better than his though, incredibly biased and they are a lot closer than you think. Some fan made youtube highlight reel does not indicate which QB is better or prove a thing...that was a ridiculous attempt at making a relevant point. I would not say we would have had a 6th had we had Cam either like he said as there is no way of knowing how Cam would have fared in Harbs offense, but I can say Cam would have greatly benefitted from having an actual competent run game to lean on.
The big story with Cam's contract is the first three year APY (after the first three years we enter into funny numbers).

His first three year APY is, in a word, nuts. It far, far surpasses anything we've ever seen before. That's the number that the Seahawks and Colts might end up having to start at, and it is a doozy. I'm guessing that the Seahawks weren't even willing to go there as an ending number, let alone a starting one. Cam just made everything a lot more interesting.

RANKED QB FIRST THREE YEAR APY:

1. Cam: 22.3 APY

2. Manning: 18.8 APY
3. Stafford 18.5 APY
4. Cutler: 17.3 APY
5. Rodgers: 15.6 APY
6. Brees: 15.3 APY
7. Ryan: 15.5 APY
8. Brady: 15 APY
9. Alex Smith: 12.3 APY
10. Tannehill: 12.3 APY
11. Flacco: 12 APY
12. Kaepernick: 11.6 APY
13. Dalton: 10.3 APY
[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on Jun 4, 2015 at 7:03 AM ]
  • 909er
  • Veteran
I apologize for my rant the other night guys, especially sus. I had a bad day and looked to the site to see some good news and end my day on a good note and probably shouldn't have clicked on the cam thread lol. There are alot of players in this league I respect and would love to see them in a niner uniform, but cam isn't one of them. Doesn't make him a bad player, I'd just rather have kap than him. I'm a glass half full kinda guy and feel we will do alot better than some people think this year and hopefully prove all the doubters wrong. I normally don't take the negativity towards our team or rooting for other players personally, but I did and I apologize again sus, and whoever else I offended. That being said, I cannot wait to get this damn season started already! GO NINERS
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Your post is no better than his though, incredibly biased and they are a lot closer than you think. Some fan made youtube highlight reel does not indicate which QB is better or prove a thing...that was a ridiculous attempt at making a relevant point. I would not say we would have had a 6th had we had Cam either like he said as there is no way of knowing how Cam would have fared in Harbs offense, but I can say Cam would have greatly benefitted from having an actual competent run game to lean on.

Let me paraphrase this last post: Don't you dare try to argue that Kaepernick is better than Cam Newton. Sure, most of Kaepernick's numbers are superior and yes, Kaepernick has a better playoff and regular season winning percentage, but dammit, as a Niner fan, I strongly object to anyone saying our Niners QB is better than the guy they've got out in Carolina!

Bottom line: Niner fans are cray cray
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I have never heard anybody in the media call Cam elite or even top 10 for that matter. And even so why are you so concerned about what the media thinks? All these guys are cashing in. The media isn't paying them

Well, if you've never heard it, it can't be true. Look, I can see that it bothers you that I have such a poor regard for most of what we call sports journalism. Try not to let it get to you. It has nothing to do with you.

I love when folks don't answer a question and try to deflect. I didn't say one thing about how you feel about the media. I asked you why do you care about the media
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Let me paraphrase this last post: Don't you dare try to argue that Kaepernick is better than Cam Newton. Sure, most of Kaepernick's numbers are superior and yes, Kaepernick has a better playoff and regular season winning percentage, but dammit, as a Niner fan, I strongly object to anyone saying our Niners QB is better than the guy they've got out in Carolina!

Paraphrase or insert words into my mouth while completely rephrasing ? If I am crazy then you are the pot calling the kettle black.
lololololololol
  • Geeked
  • Veteran

I don't think the belief that Kaep is better than Cam to be that audacious. They are more comparable than different, and the same goes for the teams they are a part. With that stated, the fact Kaep was able to have any success with HarRoman does give argument that he may be better... Something too many fans overlook.
Originally posted by Geeked:
I don't think the belief that Kaep is better than Cam to be that audacious. They are more comparable than different, and the same goes for the teams they are a part. With that stated, the fact Kaep was able to have any success with HarRoman does give argument that he may be better... Something too many fans overlook.

I say Kap is better because Gore said he was better and Gore usually doesn't say anything he doesn't believe in

Cam Newton is uber cheesy but that's what the NFL loves.
Share 49ersWebzone