LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 348 users in the forums

The **OFFICIAL** Cam Newton Bandwagon!

Shop 49ers game tickets
I just think Newton is heavily over-rated by the media. Again, his career numbers aren't even up to Kaepernick's level and they already consider him an elite QB. How do you explain that? Kaepernick has better career numbers - he has a higher rating, better completion percentage, better TD%, lower interception % and a much better overall record. He's also got a better playoff record. But, most of the sports media see Newton as elite and Kaepernick as a wannabe. I think it's just strange.
Originally posted by crake49:
I just think Newton is heavily over-rated by the media. Again, his career numbers aren't even up to Kaepernick's level and they already consider him an elite QB. How do you explain that? Kaepernick has better career numbers - he has a higher rating, better completion percentage, better TD%, lower interception % and a much better overall record. He's also got a better playoff record. But, most of the sports media see Newton as elite and Kaepernick as a wannabe. I think it's just strange.

Well we know Kap went into CAR in the playoffs and Supermanned him
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by crake49:

Well we know Kap went into CAR in the playoffs and Supermanned him

Right. And that's part of what makes the entire thing kind of strange to me.
Overpaid and overrated
The narrative is that Cam plays on a crap team with no one on it. And Kap plays on an extremely talented team with all-stars on it. Funny cause Kap has carried this team in the playoffs but Cam has never carried his team once in the regular season or the playoffs.

Not to mention Cam was the #1 overall pick and Kap had to ride the bench cause of how raw he was coming out. Considering that Kap is already miles in front of Cam in terms of potential and talent (throwing or running) it's hilarious people actually think Kap rides this talented team on its coattails. He's had to work his ass off from the get-go while Cam has been able to coast as the starter with zero scrutiny or pressure for years (small market, #1 overall pick cant get cut or benched easily).

Say what you want about the Seahawks, but Im glad RWilson has at least shown the world, that being on a very talented team means living up to a very high standard and dealing with much much more pressure to win than the rest. Most Qbs cant handle the pressure, Cam being one of them already.

Not to mention that joke of a division he plays in and having a better Defense than Kap two years ago when Kap raped him in the playoffs.
#1otsofmoneycoming
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Cam newton is a beast.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
my favorite memory of him is when he got sacked on back to back plays by us in our teams last hurrah , he ran off the field like a little girl and set with a towel over his head pouting,,,, if that is beasty to sus,, well i just do not know. that is the memory of our team i will carry with me as a fitting tribute to the last four years. after that, it went right down hill
He's improved staying in the pocket but he's inaccurate. Average QB's command big bucks in a lackluster field.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
you know i never blame refs but i went into full blown outer space when they called vernons td a non catch at the time
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Let them know.,
  • 909er
  • Veteran
Sus being sus but ur the worst niner fan I've ever seen. I've been a niner fan for 36 years and have a huge game room full of niner memorabilia that I've collected over the years and not one time have I had a niner fan let alone a rival fan (both my father in laws are Seahawks fans) talk so bad or root against my niners as you. All you do is try to troll us real niner fans and get a rise out of us.. If you like cam so much then go be a damn Carolina panty fan and gtfo our forum. I don't post much here but I guarantee I've followed my niners FAITHFULLY a hell of longer than you and I think I speak for a majority of us here by saying this.... Ive seen all your post but saying cam is a beast pisses me off.....i know cowboy and seahawk fans with more respect for MY NINERS than you.... Like my mama use to Say "if you can't say nothing nice than stfu"...
  • 909er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
my favorite memory of him is when he got sacked on back to back plays by us in our teams last hurrah , he ran off the field like a little girl and set with a towel over his head pouting,,,, if that is beasty to sus,, well i just do not know. that is the memory of our team i will carry with me as a fitting tribute to the last four years. after that, it went right down hill

This lol f##k sus and his cam luvin ass
Originally posted by 909er:
Sus being sus but ur the worst niner fan I've ever seen. I've been a niner fan for 36 years and have a huge game room full of niner memorabilia that I've collected over the years and not one time have I had a niner fan let alone a rival fan (both my father in laws are Seahawks fans) talk so bad or root against my niners as you. All you do is try to troll us real niner fans and get a rise out of us.. If you like cam so much then go be a damn Carolina panty fan and gtfo our forum. I don't post much here but I guarantee I've followed my niners FAITHFULLY a hell of longer than you and I think I speak for a majority of us here by saying this.... Ive seen all your post but saying cam is a beast pisses me off.....i know cowboy and seahawk fans with more respect for MY NINERS than you.... Like my mama use to Say "if you can't say nothing nice than stfu"...

lol wut
Share 49ersWebzone