There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The **OFFICIAL** Cam Newton Bandwagon!

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Why does everyone assume that he's going to have a low score? I'm usually not one to pull the race card but I'm almost positive it's because he's black. It's not just wonderlic but earlier in the year people were insinuating that he was dumb.

It's 100% because he's black. Because, you know it's not like black people can be smart.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by mike:
Has anyone heard what cam got on the wonderlic?

I'd love to know as well, it's pretty important nowadays.

No it isnt lol.

Says the Nate Davis fan.

Nate played better than anyone in pre-season. During the season the QB play couldnt have gotten worse with Davis. We started the season with a MENSA candidate who went 0-5 and put up embarassing #s with horrible throws thruout the season. Unless booed, after that he looked pretty good for a few plays. Maybe after 0-3 the carosel should have just went to Davis. Both Smiths had severe accuracy issues. Davis wasnt gonna be worse than those 2 jokers.

Nate Davis couldn't make an OFFSEASON roster w/ Seattle's all-star qb lineup of Hasselbeck, Whitehurst, and Losman.

Those still on the Nate Davis train, it's time to give up.

Id take any of those 3 over the complete suck on our roster last season.
Why does everyone assume that he's going to have a low score? I'm usually not one to pull the race card but I'm almost positive it's because he's black. It's not just wonderlic but earlier in the year people were insinuating that he was dumb.

It's not a race card. Have you heard him speak? He looks dumb and sounds dumb. Stupid doesn't pick races and skin colors.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

It's not a race card. Have you heard him speak? He looks dumb and sounds dumb. Stupid doesn't pick races and skin colors.

He doesn't look dumb. Vince Young looks dumb and so does Frank Gore. He's Obama with a teleprompter when he speaks compared to Gore and Josh Morgan, off the top of my head.

Yeah okay so he doesn't have the best vocabulary and has poor grammar. Doesn't mean he's not smart or incapable of learning an NFL playbook.And looks dumb? What the hell does that even mean?
  • Amir
  • Veteran

Yeah okay so he doesn't have the best vocabulary and has poor grammar. Doesn't mean he's not smart or incapable of learning an NFL playbook.And looks dumb? What the hell does that even mean?

"Looks" and sounds pretty intelligent to me.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I've heard him speak, seems fine to me. Pretty sure we're targeting a football player who can play on Sunday. I'm glad you're not the GM or we'd be lookin' for a charismatic model who gives great interviews after losing a game.

It's 100% because he's black. Because, you know it's not like black people can be smart.

Let's look at his resume.

Theft, cheating allegations, junior college.

Yeah you guys are right. His skin color is the only reason why people think he's dumb. The percentages tell me that's a resume of someone with a below average IQ. Just like the percentages tell me Mallett is going to have a below average IQ as well.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 9, 2011 at 6:27 AM ]
Swagg at first I thought that was you defending Nate Davis lol you lost your credibility there for a second!
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Yeah you guys are right. His skin color is the only reason why people think he's dumb. The percentages tell me that's a resume of someone with a below average IQ. Just like the percentages tell me Mallett is going to have a below average IQ as well.

Junior College! If I had only known...hide the women and children!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

That response was justified, because I implied that he was going to rob a bank right after being drafted.

Look if you're 6'6 250 pounds and can run a 4.5 forty time and you're playing in junior college odds are you're not the brightest crayon in the box.
IQ is not the issue, IMO... but can he make several accurate decisions in a short amount of time under extreme stress, and do this consistently... I don't think Super Joe was a Rhodes Scholar but probably above average intelligence and did it better than anyone. I don't think CM can do this.
let's see Cam is already talking about himself in the 3rd person????????????????????????????????

FAILURE ON THE WAY
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

That response was justified, because I implied that he was going to rob a bank right after being drafted.

Look if you're 6'6 250 pounds and can run a 4.5 forty time and you're playing in junior college odds are you're not the brightest crayon in the box.

He went to JC because he knew he could transfer there after leaving Florida and not have to sit out a year, with the long-term goal of getting back to the SEC. I'm not saying Newton is a Rhodes Scholar by any means, but going to Blinn was more of a football necessity than it is a reflection of his apptitude.

Quote:
http://uwire.com/2010/11/22/who-is-cameron-newton/

To avoid having to sit out a year because of NCAA transfer rules, Newton went to Blinn College in 2009, a junior college in Brenham, Texas.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Mar 9, 2011 at 9:33 AM ]