LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

The **OFFICIAL** Cam Newton Bandwagon!

Shop 49ers game tickets
If Cam is still there at #7, it may provide with us with very unique opportunity to trade. That may appeal to Philly, where they would get the top QB in the draft, and we could get our guy...

Swap #1's with Phillly (if Cam is available) for Kolb and their 3rd... then we could get our CB or OLB in the late first.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
If Cam is still there at #7, it may provide with us with very unique opportunity to trade. That may appeal to Philly, where they would get the top QB in the draft, and we could get our guy...

Swap #1's with Phillly (if Cam is available) for Kolb and their 3rd... then we could get our CB or OLB in the late first.

i dont like swapping 1st

they are 7 elite players in the draft for us

fairley
bowers (elite but not for our team cause he has to be in 4-3)
green
peterson
prince
quinn
miller
dareus

all of those players with exception of green is a need for our team and after tehm there is a huge dropoff in talent in each position trading to 24 would hurt our team more than help it

(kolb not much of upgrade over smith)
Originally posted by SJniner7:

Why would Philly be drafting a QB?
Question: do we trade up for Newton?

His value seems to be skyrocketing. It may be a pipe dream to get him at #7.

Maybe up to #2 trading with Denver.

Teams 3-5 all could take him.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

answer
fo we trade up for newton: no
do we take him if he falls to 7: no
$cam "dumbarse" Newton isn't worth a top 10, much less a trade to move up for him.

Harbaugh prizes intelligence at the QB position. Get a clue.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Heard on KNBR, Newton says he is gonna be the next sports Icon................easy now!

He already is after the seasons he had. Hes a beast and if hes there we take him. Then you hope they sign him on time

what seasons??? you mean season??? i hope buffalo takes him so he doesnt even cross baalke's or harbaugh's mind.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
$cam "dumbarse" Newton isn't worth a top 10, much less a trade to move up for him.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

answer
fo we trade up for newton: no
do we take him if he falls to 7: no

right answers, trading up for freaking newton will be 1 of the dumbest things baalke and harbaugh can do
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

in a normal draft he wouldnt be this is a weak qb class so he is " top 10" if this was next year he would go in bottom of first round

• 4ML
  • Veteran

in a normal draft he wouldnt be this is a weak qb class so he is " top 10" if this was next year he would go in bottom of first round

If he had 2 years of SEC football under his belt - he'd be locked in for a no.1 pick.
... but he doesn't.

Look, Cam will be a top 10 pick if he doesn't completely blow the interviews ahead.

... but just because a prospect is drafted top 10, it doesn't mean he should be.
(see: Alex Smith or even Mark Sanchez)

If he had 2 years of SEC football under his belt - he'd be locked in for a no.1 pick.

i dont question that but he only had 1 great year im just saying if he had that year in next ncaa season then he would be a bottom first round pick at the moment with what he did in ncaa he isnt worth a top 10 pick in a decent qb draft class but this is a weak qb class
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

i dont question that but he only had 1 great year im just saying if he had that year in next ncaa season then he would be a bottom first round pick at the moment with what he did in ncaa he isnt worth a top 10 pick in a decent qb draft class but this is a weak qb class

I don't know man. Bradford had 1 great year too. So, did Sanchez. I don't think these things matter that much. Yea, I can understand why it is a concern, but to me - the upside he has and the kind of year he had makes him a legitimate top 5 pick.

I don't know man. Bradford had 1 great year too. So, did Sanchez. I don't think these things matter that much. Yea, I can understand why it is a concern, but to me - the upside he has and the kind of year he had makes him a legitimate top 5 pick.

i always wnodered why sanchez went early but bradford was just solid all around i agree with you on cam though his upside potential is off the charts potential superstar but unlike what we did to alex he has to be eased in the roll which is why i think he ends up in buffalo they'll start fitz this year cam next year
Share 49ersWebzone