LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

The **OFFICIAL** Cam Newton Bandwagon!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by midrdan:
Not after the comments he made yesterday regarding wanting to be an entertainer and an icon and then basically stating that he accomplished more in 14 games than most people do in 4 years ... I don't think these are the types of comments that Ron Rivera and Carolina are going to swoon over when faced with having to pay $40 million plus guaranteed for a No. 1 pick. He may back up his comments, but you'd like to see him say something like "I want to be the best QB in the NFL and work real hard, blah, blah, blah" than a Hollywood icon.

Wont be making that much... The new CBA will put a limit on rookie salaries.

you dont know that

i think it will both the owners and the veteran players will want a cap on rookies
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by dillberry:
A couple guys at the Dolphin forum I frequent wrote this up on Newton for the Sun Sentinel, included with lots of video. It's by far the best writeup I've seen of him so far, i figured I would pass it on to you guys.

link

Great Find!

Everyone who hates on Cam Newton should read that...because it actually has facts.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
The next few days will go along way for Cam. He stands to make a lot of money over the week, and we all know that is his primary focus.

Same as Peyton Manning
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Not after the comments he made yesterday regarding wanting to be an entertainer and an icon and then basically stating that he accomplished more in 14 games than most people do in 4 years ... I don't think these are the types of comments that Ron Rivera and Carolina are going to swoon over when faced with having to pay $40 million plus guaranteed for a No. 1 pick. He may back up his comments, but you'd like to see him say something like "I want to be the best QB in the NFL and work real hard, blah, blah, blah" than a Hollywood icon.

you dont know that

i think it will both the owners and the veteran players will want a cap on rookies

Well if he signs before the CBA is done.........

you dont know that

lol true
The Niners will interview Cam at the combine because they need to and Qb is an option for them. I think that we will speak highly of Cam because we need to create pressure on the six above us to covet him more. Or make a more complete team think that they need to trade up to get him like the Jets did with Sanchez.

you dont know that

lol true

This might be the fastest any class has signed in years
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Heard on KNBR, Newton says he is gonna be the next sports Icon................easy now!

you dont know that

lol true

This might be the fastest any class has signed in years

but the team (owners as well) have to agree on the contract so i think for once the owners will wait to sign the cocntract as long as possible
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Heard on KNBR, Newton says he is gonna be the next sports Icon................easy now!

He already is after the seasons he had. Hes a beast and if hes there we take him. Then you hope they sign him on time

Originally posted by Chief:
Don't want anywhere near this wagon.

2nd this.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

He already is after the seasons he had. Hes a beast and if hes there we take him. Then you hope they sign him on time

I dont know how great he will become but he needs to put that ego in check.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

I dont know how great he will become but he needs to put that ego in check.

he's just swaggin to the max, I wouldn't see it as a problem unless his work ethic becomes a problem in the nfl

I just hope he doesn't go to the Bills or Cards
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by buck:
I am no expert on quarterbacks, but my guess is that Cam Newton will at least be a top 10 pick, and could easily go in the top 5.

The only thing that can stop him at this point is a major blunder of attitude or maybe his father dad will blow it for him.

Good for him. I still think he's got all the problems alex did when we drafted him, minus the big brain. Alex had the size, the arm and the feet and came from a spread system. Only difference is alex wasn't a bad kid and has small hands. Really i think he's to risky for us. But i think we have a much better offensive mind to groom someone, FINALLY! lol Either way, i much rather wait and just take locker if we want a project player. With a top 7 pick and in a weak division we need to take either prince, or miller or peterson, someone who could start sooner and with less risk to get us over the hump and into the playoffs sooner.

Not even close to the size and speed of Newton.

Ok 2 inch's taller and 30 pounds heavier then alex. I never said speed. i said feet. Acutally what was alex's 40 time i doubt cam will match it. I think alex was just a half second faster then rodgers... either way he's a big big project was the point, and if we want a project just take locker who should have the fastest 40 time of all qb's!!

lol

You doubt Cam will match Alex's 40 time? I'll take that bet.

And no way Locker has a faster time than Kaepernick, Taylor, or even Cam. Heck Ponder will probably run faster.

Regardless in the NFL speed isn't as important as escapability. Cam may be the best at that since Big Ben.

Every QB is gonna be a big project. But don't forget, with Harbaugh, no project can be too big. Well, maybe Gabbert. There's no fixin that kid. Unless maybe he decides to become a lefty.

Cam will beat smiths time

He has better feet...

For the record.....rodgers ran a faster 40 then smith

Actually, for the record they ran the exact same time (4.71). Smith had a faster 3 cone though.
Originally posted by buck:
I am no expert on quarterbacks, but my guess is that Cam Newton will at least be a top 10 pick, and could easily go in the top 5.

The only thing that can stop him at this point is a major blunder of attitude or maybe his father dad will blow it for him.

Good for him. I still think he's got all the problems alex did when we drafted him, minus the big brain. Alex had the size, the arm and the feet and came from a spread system. Only difference is alex wasn't a bad kid and has small hands. Really i think he's to risky for us. But i think we have a much better offensive mind to groom someone, FINALLY! lol Either way, i much rather wait and just take locker if we want a project player. With a top 7 pick and in a weak division we need to take either prince, or miller or peterson, someone who could start sooner and with less risk to get us over the hump and into the playoffs sooner.

Not even close to the size and speed of Newton.

Ok 2 inch's taller and 30 pounds heavier then alex. I never said speed. i said feet. Acutally what was alex's 40 time i doubt cam will match it. I think alex was just a half second faster then rodgers... either way he's a big big project was the point, and if we want a project just take locker who should have the fastest 40 time of all qb's!!

lol

You doubt Cam will match Alex's 40 time? I'll take that bet.

And no way Locker has a faster time than Kaepernick, Taylor, or even Cam. Heck Ponder will probably run faster.

Regardless in the NFL speed isn't as important as escapability. Cam may be the best at that since Big Ben.

Every QB is gonna be a big project. But don't forget, with Harbaugh, no project can be too big. Well, maybe Gabbert. There's no fixin that kid. Unless maybe he decides to become a lefty.

Cam will beat smiths time

He has better feet...

For the record.....rodgers ran a faster 40 then smith

Actually, for the record they ran the exact same time (4.71). Smith had a faster 3 cone though.

Since when did speed matter for a QB?

I'll take Big Ben's lumbering ass any day, thank you.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Feb 24, 2011 at 12:53 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone