LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Blaine Gabbert Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
i hope they take a qb, one less quality QB off the board when seattle comes up to pick
I still think he was drafted wayy too high.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Shocking a below average college QB cant handle playing in the NFL ...... When a QB fails playing in a pass happy QB friendly offense, that a big warning sign. He seemed to get drafted high because I guess he played in a pro style system in high school and was considered one of the best QBs coming out of high school and didn't completely stink it up in college so that meant he has potential to be great.
I think it is way too early to give a permanent grade for Gabbert. He has been shaky, but this could be the worst group of WR's assembled in a long, long time. I think at least 3/4 of the problem is that there is nothing to throw to, at, or around. And, that OL is a complete disaster.

Just an ugly offense right now.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think it is way too early to give a permanent grade for Gabbert. He has been shaky, but this could be the worst group of WR's assembled in a long, long time. I think at least 3/4 of the problem is that there is nothing to throw to, at, or around. And, that OL is a complete disaster.

• Jcool
  • Veteran

Mike Thomas was a really good up and coming WR that is having a down year because of terrible QB play.... As is Marcedes Lewis who had 700 yards and 10 TDs last year. So the have a really good WR, a really good TE and one of the best RB.... So its not a lack of talent (they did go 8-8 last year) Its a QB that had no business being a first round pick, whose ceiling is backup QB.
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 23, 2011 at 9:41 AM ]
they look so much like the niners when they first drafted Smith

No oline, no defense, no weapons just a deserted land of nothingness.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

It was supposed to be a better team though. Also the defense this year hasn't been bad statistically. It ranks 4th in yardage, and 11th in points.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

It was supposed to be a better team though. Also the defense this year hasn't been bad statistically. It ranks 4th in yardage, and 11th in points.
they have a Julian Peterson in there somewhere , eh?
^^^

hell no

they have a hella good defense

and also they have MJD

although they do have crappy WR but nothing compared to 2005 niners

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
With a name like Blaine his chances of being good are greatly diminished.
He will pan out, he looked really good on some plays making some impressive throws.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Mike Thomas was a really good up and coming WR that is having a down year because of terrible QB play.... As is Marcedes Lewis who had 700 yards and 10 TDs last year. So the have a really good WR, a really good TE and one of the best RB.... So its not a lack of talent (they did go 8-8 last year) Its a QB that had no business being a first round pick, whose ceiling is backup QB.

part of that is Garrard was actually a good underrated QB though. Mike Thomas was never supposed to be that good, and Lewis had a decent year last year but he is the only guy Gabbert has to throw to. You usually expect an offense to struggle when you put in a rookie after having a good vet. Dalton, Newton, and a few years ago Ryan/Flacco are the exception not the rule. Atleast give the guy a year to get better before you give up on him. If they get the first pick and have a chance at Luck, they should take him and do something else with Gabbert. But if not, they should get him a good WR like a Blackmon or a good linemen before they give up on him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
^^^

hell no

they have a hella good defense

and also they have MJD

although they do have crappy WR but nothing compared to 2005 niners

Actually their receivers are worse, the only threat they pretty much have is Marcedes Lewis who only has 400+ yards receiving.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Actually their receivers are worse, the only threat they pretty much have is Marcedes Lewis who only has 400+ yards receiving.

well look who's throwing to him.
Share 49ersWebzone