CB - Donald Strickland - San Diego Chargers - 15 tackles 1 sack

CB - Marcus Hudson - Carolina Panthers - 6 tackles

SS Michael Lewis - Rams 1 sack

K - Ryan Longwell - Minnesota Vikings

KR - Michael Spurlock - Tampa Bay Bucs - 1129 yards 1 TD
Blount was never a niner
Originally posted by valrod33:
Blount was never a niner

Yeah I thought we went to sign him to our practice squad but he decided it was in his best interest to go to Tennessee. Then he was scooped up by the Bucs or something along those lines
I would also put CB Joselio Hanson instead of Hudson since Hanson has actually played pretty well with Philadelphia after his one year here with us
I don't see anything special there. S. Hill is a good backup we all knew that. I always liked J. Hill but he was always hurt during training camp so got buried on our depth chart (knew he would be a good WR but when he got a shot somewhere else).

And Lloyd had a his first season he averaged anything more than mediocre stats because the Broncos didn't have a run game all season.
Yeah we can't count Blount. Lloyd had a good year but its whatever. The only players that really hurt to lose are the Oline guys. Cuz those guys on the most part have been pretty darn successful. Especially Dahl and Kosier. Otherwise on the most part with the rest of them honestly Id rather have our starters then those bums.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sims84:
I would also put CB Joselio Hanson instead of Hudson since Hanson has actually played pretty well with Philadelphia after his one year here with us

That guy has been solid in Philly FOR-EV-ER. Man I remember when we had him he was the 3rd CB on a team full of AWFUL CB's ... UGH that was the worse group of CB's I think we ever had... yet he's been solid in Philly.

Someone want to make an all 49er (from other teams) 2010 thread... see if we got the better end of the deal or not? ... ok quick rundown off the top of my head...

QB Troy Smith Bal
RB Westbrook Phi
FB Noris Hou
WR Ginn Mia
WR -
TE - none
OT - Simms
OG
C
OG
OT

DE - J Smith Cin
DT - Franklin - Ba
DE -
LB - Spikes BUF/Cin
LB - LaBoy Ten
LB - A Brooks CIn
CB - Clements
CB -
S -
S -

I just ran through real quick... thats my short list. I think we did OK.
Originally posted by Pick6:

That guy has been solid in Philly FOR-EV-ER. Man I remember when we had him he was the 3rd CB on a team full of AWFUL CB's ... UGH that was the worse group of CB's I think we ever had... yet he's been solid in Philly.

Someone want to make an all 49er (from other teams) 2010 thread... see if we got the better end of the deal or not? ... ok quick rundown off the top of my head...

QB Troy Smith Bal
RB Westbrook Phi
FB Noris Hou
WR Ginn Mia
WR -
TE - none
OT - Simms
OG
C
OG
OT

DE - J Smith Cin
DT - Franklin - Ba
DE -
LB - Spikes BUF/Cin
LB - LaBoy Ten
LB - A Brooks CIn
CB - Clements
CB -
S -
S -

I just ran through real quick... thats my short list. I think we did OK.

I know. It's sad how other teams know how to put cast-offs in great positions to succeed after we get rid of them
1448 tards eh?
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I don't see anything special there. S. Hill is a good backup we all knew that. I always liked J. Hill but he was always hurt during training camp so got buried on our depth chart (knew he would be a good WR but when he got a shot somewhere else).

And Lloyd had a his first season he averaged anything more than mediocre stats because the Broncos didn't have a run game all season.

I would say Longwell, Spurlock and Smiley have done pretty well oustide of San Fran but other than that, the list isn't the best

Definitely. Also I would probably throw Mike Adams in there over. D. Strickland
Lloyd was cut by two other teams after we let him go and had a pedestrian year in his first year with the Broncos. We cut him in 2005; he got good in 2010. Fans would have rightfully questioned any call to keep a guy on the roster for five years who didn't produce.
longwell?
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sspiker:
Lloyd was cut by two other teams after we let him go and had a pedestrian year in his first year with the Broncos. We cut him in 2005; he got good in 2010. Fans would have rightfully questioned any call to keep a guy on the roster for five years who didn't produce.

u talkin bout alex smith or...
Originally posted by sspiker:

better than cutting him we actually we got draft pick(s) for him, cant remember who though, it was the 2006 draft though
Share 49ersWebzone