LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

Broncos will want second round pick for Orton

Shop 49ers game tickets
I dont understand why we dont go after Orton. He'd be an IMMEDIATE upgrade over Alex and would be around longer than Hasselbeck.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I don't understand the love affair for Orton. He is the epitome of average. McDaniels pass happy scheme made him look better than he is.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I dont understand why we dont go after Orton. He'd be an IMMEDIATE upgrade over Alex and would be around longer than Hasselbeck.

Harbaugh knows better than me, so I dunno.

Who's opinion do you trust more? Yours or Harbaugh?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Wodwo:

I trust in Lambda.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

I trust in Lambda.

I'm shocked you said that.
I just hate the way he f**king wears his jersey f**king long ass sleeves aint in style no mo

We can play the "it's above my pay grade" game all day but honestly...you don't think Orton would be an upgrade over anyone we have or had?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ajanke:
I just hate the way he f**king wears his jersey f**king long ass sleeves aint in style no mo

Would you really care if he was hoisting the Lombardi with those sleeves?

no but for some reason it makes me think he is a loser lol. I have no idea why. It just makes me think that fool will never win a big game in his life anyway. lol
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

We can play the "it's above my pay grade" game all day but honestly...you don't think Orton would be an upgrade over anyone we have or had?

I think he's a mediocre player that isn't worth anything in trade. Upgrade? I don't know.

If we look at the trend, Orton got worse as the year went on and Alex got better. They seem about equal to me... except that I just can't get over Orton acting like such a b***h when we played them.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not a good enough evaluator to form a concrete opinion. Plus, I haven't watched enough of Orton's games.

I just honestly wanted to know if you trusted Harbaugh enough to make the right decision. That's all I can do at this point... I don't know enough.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran

no but for some reason it makes me think he is a loser lol. I have no idea why. It just makes me think that fool will never win a big game in his life anyway. lol

He does look like a clown.

I'm cool if Harbs doesn't want him for the system but Orton is better than people say. I thought his stats were good in Chicago and with Denver didn't he throw for 4000 yards. Maybe I'm confused with someone else. Teams are trading him for some reason so maybe he's not a good leader???
Our @JasonLaCanfora just reported that Miami, Arizona & Minnesota are in on Kyle Orton. I'd throw Tennessee in the group, if price is right.
Albertbreer
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

I'm cool if Harbs doesn't want him for the system but Orton is better than people say. I thought his stats were good in Chicago and with Denver didn't he throw for 4000 yards. Maybe I'm confused with someone else. Teams are trading him for some reason so maybe he's not a good leader???

He never broke 80 QBR in Chicago, and he's never thrown for 4000 yards.
Originally posted by battletowin:
Our @JasonLaCanfora just reported that Miami, Arizona & Minnesota are in on Kyle Orton. I'd throw Tennessee in the group, if price is right.
Albertbreer

If Tavaris Jackson goes to Seattle, the Vikes will need someone with a little experience at the position.

AZ still has no answer at QB.

As to the Miami QB corps (corpses?)... nothing needs be said.

All goes to show what crazy lengths teams will go to for a mediocre -- being kind here -- quarterback without much upside. Totally nuts.
Share 49ersWebzone