There are 212 users in the forums

Broncos will want second round pick for Orton

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'd do it straight up, but I'd rather try to negotiate and send over a lower pick + a player we no longer need.

I'd try a 3rd this year (#8 pick = 500 points) and a 3rd next year OR a player. Denver needs picks/players and might agree to that. If they did, I would grab either Green or Blackmon with the #7 pick. Either of those, plus a new coach who could get performance out of Crabtree, along with Orton, might yield a pretty good passing offense.
I wouldnt be mad if we traded our 2nd round pick for him.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
I wouldnt be mad if we traded our 2nd round pick for him.

Really? A 2nd for Orton, I would be pissed
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'd do it straight up, but I'd rather try to negotiate and send over a lower pick + a player we no longer need.

I'd try a 3rd this year (#8 pick = 500 points) and a 3rd next year OR a player. Denver needs picks/players and might agree to that. If they did, I would grab either Green or Blackmon with the #7 pick. Either of those, plus a new coach who could get performance out of Crabtree, along with Orton, might yield a pretty good passing offense.

I agree, a pick this year and a possible pick in the future depending on his performance.

I think Orton's salary is going to scare some teams off. Combine that with the money that Top 5 Pick teams will be spending on a rookie QB, it might cut down the competitors for his services.
no way..not for a 2nd!!! maybe a 4th or 5th
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Trade for Orton with our 2nd, then trade Orton, our 1st and 3rd to the Panthers for their 1st.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Trade for Orton with our 2nd, then trade Orton, our 1st and 3rd to the Panthers for their 1st.

Madden bowl champ!
I'd give up a 4th and let either Mallet, Newton, Locker sit for a yr. No need to trade the house for Luck. 1st and 2nd in 2010 and 1st in 2011 too much. When theres Mallet, Newton, Locker, Gabbert, all 1st rd picks or a Kellen Moore to develop in the 3rd. Harbaugh will make V Davis the best TE in the game and make the best out of D walker.
I think Tebow is better in the long run. Not sold on Orton. He's ok.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820fb7ca/article/broncos-reportedly-want-to-trade-orton-to-clear-way-for-tebow?module=HP11_headline_stack

Broncos will trade Orton and start Tebow.

Can't say i'm completely surprised, but I think its very much the wrong move.

I'd take Orton over Hasselbeck.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I like the idea of a 3rd and maybe another pick next year... but a 2nd? I'm just not sure what QB we have starting this year is really a long-term option, as I really believe that CK is going to be our starter in the near future
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I'd take Orton over Hasselbeck.
  • mod
  • Veteran
just do it... we havent been good in the second round lol
Miami should do it
Share 49ersWebzone