LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Broncos will want second round pick for Orton

Shop 49ers game tickets
Not sure if I would part with a 2nd, but would have no trouble giving up a 3rd.

Link
NFL Talk
Opps... Please move to NFL Talk. Sorry!
Orton? Are you f@cking serious? I would rather re-sign AS.
the follow up to that headline should read..

"rest of NFL will offer fifth round pick for Orton"

doesn't help his cause that he looked awful after McDaniels was canned.
Doesn't Denver always get screwed over on trades? I think they'll end up with a 7th and a Turkey sandwich for the guy...
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Doesn't Denver always get screwed over on trades? I think they'll end up with a 7th and a Turkey sandwich for the guy...

then Orton will lead his new team to the super bowl
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by D_Niner:

then Orton will lead his new team to the super bowl

LOL and Denver will pick up Alex Smith, declairing him their QB of the future.
Originally posted by posayshoohaa:
the follow up to that headline should read..

"rest of NFL will offer fifth round pick for Orton"

doesn't help his cause that he looked awful after McDaniels was canned.

Your crazy dude when Orton got traded to Broncos I said to myself "WTF are the Bears thinking"? This guy is very solid and consistant. I seen him make some very nice accurate throws and the guy was a winner when he was with Chicago. I dont care what anyone thinks but I would be willing to give up a 3rd for him. I would get him and draft Patrick Peterson or Prince Amukumara in the 1st and maybe Stanzi or a OLB in the 2nd.
I'd happily trade a 2nd-rounder... draft Peterson/Amukamura, get Orton, and draft Pat Devlin and a pass-rusher with our top 4 picks.

[ Edited by sspiker on Jan 4, 2011 at 08:14:45 ]

Originally posted by sspiker:
I'd happily trade a 2nd-rounder... draft Peterson/Amukamura, get Orton, and draft Pat Devlin and a pass-rusher with our top 4 picks.

this works

2nd round pick for Orton ? No way.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:

2nd round pick for Orton ? No way.

Nevermind. I did not read your post carefully.
Posted this over on the 49ers.com board...

Don't know if I would give a second for him considering he is a free agent after this season and they will probably start Tebow next year. They don't really have a need for him in that case and Tebow is pretty tough so odds are they won't need him as a backup. Then again he starts running left and right and not knowing how to slide or avoid contact he is a good insurance policy. Still, I would offer a 3rd if we want him... look at how cheap the players have been going for these days.
I'd do it straight up, but I'd rather try to negotiate and send over a lower pick + a player we no longer need.
Share 49ersWebzone