LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Thaddeus Gibson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Could Gibson play a significant role in our LB-rotation next year? He was pretty good at Ohio State!

Gibson (6-2, 243) was a fourth round selection (116th overall) by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2010 NFL Draft. He was inactive for each of the Steelers first six games before being waived on October 31.

LB #59 Height: 6-2
Weight: 243

NFL Combine Results
40-Yard Dash 4.71
Bench press 32
Broad jump 9'07
Three-cone drill 6.84
20-yard shuttle 4.27
Can we develop him? We'll see.
possible.
he played at a good college. (Buckeyes)
spent time with a very strong defensive NFL team(Steelers)
so his past sets him up for success.

from here on his future contributions all really depend on his offseason training and our new coaching staffs' ability to develop players.

[ Edited by WillisToHOF on Jan 3, 2011 at 01:26:30 ]
Originally posted by WillisToHOF:
possible.

from here on his future contributions all really depend on his offseason training and our new coaching staffs' ability to develop players.

I used to think that until I got a steady diet of Ginn and Clements this year. They give "The" Ohio State a bad rep. Add Ahmed Plummer and his soft azz from back in the days, and hopefully Thad can repair the tarnish them clowns have ruined. Troy Smith was decent under the circumstances and Boone may be a piece to help the O-Line for the future so there's still hope.
I've been wondering that myself. I would have liked to see him on the field with it being our last game of the season and all. This kid can flat out ball.
I think he's just a role player. I'd rather see him play rather than Haralson though.
I once killed a man named "thaddeus" in Amsterdam.
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Originally posted by WillisToHOF:
possible.

I used to think that until I got a steady diet of Ginn and Clements this year. They give "The" Ohio State a bad rep. Add Ahmed Plummer and his soft azz from back in the days, and hopefully Thad can repair the tarnish them clowns have ruined. Troy Smith was decent under the circumstances and Boone may be a piece to help the O-Line for the future so there's still hope.

off the subject but what the heck ever happenend to that guy ahmed plummer??
i've been wondering for a few years now..
Scouting reports on Gibson were very encouraging...when Baalke signed him, it was stated he was like a high 2011 draft pick in 2010. Steelers simply had no room on their roster for him...so he could be our gain. BTW, he did get on the field yesterday.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I once killed a man named "thaddeus" in Amsterdam.

That was you?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Scouting reports on Gibson were very encouraging...when Baalke signed him, it was stated he was like a high 2011 draft pick in 2010. Steelers simply had no room on their roster for him...so he could be our gain. BTW, he did get on the field yesterday.

Yeah, I saw him out there on defense.

I didn't see him during the plays, just under piles after a tackle. That's better than nothing.
Who's going to be a FA in our OLB ranks, hmmm?

Lawson
LaBoy

Haralson is signed, but he's a backup. Brooks looks like our future starter now with Gibson competing against Haralson for playing time. They may resign LaBoy, but we'll see. My hope is that we land Woodley and he and Brooks could be excellent together.

And that's if we stay with a 3-4. I can see us bringing in a Marvin Lewis on D and go 4-3. We have the personnel to run it. Don't know if Gibson would fit at that time.

All speculation now, but we will know soon enough.
Sure.

Doubt Lawson will be back next season. Gibson(if he makes the team) will most likely be part of the DE/OLB rotation.

[ Edited by fanmusclecars on Jan 3, 2011 at 12:21:34 ]
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Can we develop him? We'll see.

This is the question and answer we are asking about alot of these guys..
Share 49ersWebzone