LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

LOL at the Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by YungAce:
wtf how is that possible?

They run up the score on garbage defenses and shut down weak offenses.

They just can't win the "close" games because ST seemed to go against them all year.

Stats don't tell the whole story.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
ST was a huge problem for them this year. Also, V. Jackson could have given them an extra edge on offense. Although they didn't need him THAT bad. The loss of Gates was also huge.

For some reason, Norv's team start really slow and gradually build momentum towards the playoffs. It just happened to be too late this year.
Also, raiders went undefeated in their Division, yet still don't win it.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Stats don't get you into the playoffs.

In Niner Talk they do!
Originally posted by YungAce:
wtf how is that possible?

Six games against AFC West opponents and four games against NFC West opponents. Of these ten games only the Raiders took it to them. Chargers had eight games to rack up these statistics.
24th in turnover differential doesn't really help you much.......
Their Special Teams are the worst I've ever seen. And their HC is way overrated. Plus the months and months of holdouts by Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeil really hurt them. Plus losing LT and Merriman was never the same after he stopped taking the Roids and was shifted out eventually. But those roster losses hurt them too.

They are a real good team that underachieves.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Their Special Teams are the worst I've ever seen. And their HC is way overrated. Plus the months and months of holdouts by Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeil really hurt them. Plus losing LT and Merriman was never the same after he stopped taking the Roids and was shifted out eventually. But those roster losses hurt them too.

But those roster losses didn't hurt them too much since neither of those players play ST and their offense and defense still finished #1 overall

That is something that probably won't happen again and if it does, it probably won't happen for a LONG time. It is just one of those "unfortunate" mysteries of the NFL
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

But those roster losses didn't hurt them too much since neither of those players play ST and their offense and defense still finished #1 overall

That is something that probably won't happen again and if it does, it probably won't happen for a LONG time. It is just one of those "unfortunate" mysteries of the NFL

The roster losses and hold outs hurt them in the beginning of the year when they lost a lot of games they shouldn't have.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
They finish #1 in the NFL in both offense and defense, but don't make the playoffs. How they hell does that happen? I lol at them.

I wasn't LOLing at them when the pummeled us.

Me neither...

neither was i, and i was there to witness it in person!

Share 49ersWebzone