LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 180 users in the forums

Sources: Tom Cable likely not coming back.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by area49:
Yep. They're going to get Harbaugh, who will lead them to success.

If you think about it, the Raiders are a much better fit for Harbaugh than this piece of s**t team.

He'll make the Raiders the darlings of the Bay Area, and no one will really care if the 49ers leave.

If you think this team is so s**tty and has no chance of anyone then just go away
I guess it's time to make an official "49ers to Los Angeles thread" where all of area49's posts can be merged over there.
Quote:
Al might still keep Cable, who knows, but I'm guessing that the chance of seeing Harbaugh in Denver or w-49ers has AD mighty fidgety.
LOL!!!!!
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Quote:
Al might still keep Cable, who knows, but I'm guessing that the chance of seeing Harbaugh in Denver or w-49ers has AD mighty fidgety.

Al Davis is a shrewd owner. He'll snap up Harbaugh long before Dork even has a chance.
Quote:

Al Davis is a shrewd owner. He'll snap up Harbaugh long before Dork even has a chance.

You must have a short memory, or you're just uninformed. But don't you remember how nobody wanted to coach there? People were turning that job down left and right. So much so that they went to Art Shell. Then had to give it to Cable when that failed. They'll be hoping they can hand things over to Hue Jackson, their OC.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Quote:

You must have a short memory, or you're just uninformed. But don't you remember how nobody wanted to coach there? People were turning that job down left and right. So much so that they went to Art Shell. Then had to give it to Cable when that failed. They'll be hoping they can hand things over to Hue Jackson, their OC.
Actually Cable took over for Lane Kiffin who coached all of 20 games for the raiders.

But ya this is a curious move. raiders were the best theyve been since 02 this year. getting 8 wins out of an Al Davis GM'ed team is a miracle. Davis has lost it, but we all knew that. Every move he makes is retarded.
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Quote:

Actually Cable took over for Lane Kiffin who coached all of 20 games for the raiders.

But ya this is a curious move. raiders were the best theyve been since 02 this year. getting 8 wins out of an Al Davis GM'ed team is a miracle. Davis has lost it, but we all knew that. Every move he makes is retarded.

Oh yeah, my bad. Same result, either way. Nobody wanted the raider job, so they had to give it to the 30 year old college OC, and when that failed, they went to Cable.
damn davis is an idiot cable was doing good
Quote:

Oh yeah, my bad. Same result, either way. Nobody wanted the raider job, so they had to give it to the 30 year old college OC, and when that failed, they went to Cable.

I think the job was unattractive to many candidates because their roster sucked.

Cable & Co. have done a good job at acquiring and developing talent these past two years. I think that job would be a bit more attractive than usual right now.

Typical Raiders move.

-9fA
Quote:

I think the job was unattractive to many candidates because their roster sucked.

Cable & Co. have done a good job at acquiring and developing talent these past two years. I think that job would be a bit more attractive than usual right now.

I disagree. You aren't gonna get anybody with experience in there. It's gonna have to be somebody getting their first shot. That's not to say they couldn't end up with a decent coach.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
Hue Jackson will be the HC for the Raiders in 2011. Book it.

Harbaugh and Davis are friends, Harbaugh actually has praised Davis in the past. I would not be surprised to see Al Davis make a quiet pitch to Harbaugh and if it fails then Jackson get the promotion.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame

Agreed. Which really doesn't make any sense. I think Cable's done a helluva job in such a short time frame. The Raiders were 6-0 in the division and this is the first year since 02 that they have finished with less than 11 losses.

Typical Raiders move. Some things will never change.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:

Agreed. Which really doesn't make any sense. I think Cable's done a helluva job in such a short time frame. The Raiders were 6-0 in the division and this is the first year since 02 that they have finished with less than 11 losses.

Typical Raiders move. Some things will never change.

There were rumors of tension between Cable and Jackson so it makes some sense if those rumors are true.
Share 49ersWebzone