Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I can't believe I'm having this argument with a supposed Niner Fan.

The team you root for should have no bearing on whether he believes (or you believe) who is the better QB of the two. There are some analysts and mediots who will tell you that John Elway is the greatest QB of all time, and even a select few whp prefer Steve Young to Joe Montana.

It's truly a matter of opinion. There is no concrete facts but there are a few facts that may sway some one way or the other. Having had the opportunity to watch both Elway and Young play, I truly believe like SD that Elway was the better overall QB.

I am not going to sit here and have a pissing match as to why I feel the same but it is what it is. It makes me no less of a fan than the next guy. And anyone who claims that another 49er fan should think otherwise (that's what your last sentence leads one to assume) is clearly arguing his point with his red and gold sunglasses on. Please take them off and argue from the point of a football fan in general not from the point of a 49er fan.

This is what they are missing. Take off the red and gold glasses. And view things objectively.

lol No, I'm just not going to say that a QB with a career passer rating worse than Alex Smith's rating this year is better than Steve Young.

37 4th quarter comebacks > QB Rating.

QB rating was inflated because they were 3 - 5 yard routes. That's what he's missing. Totally different type of offense. Young couldn't even throw the 50 - 60 yard bombs Elway threw.
because throwing 50-60yd bombs is super important in the nfl

It is if you have a run and throw deep offense...
San Diego I'm curious why you didn't even attempt to rebut any of my points, instead merely focusing on one line where I called into question your fanhood.
New Broncos VP of Football Operations John Elway referred to head coaching candidate Mike Mularkey as "Mark Mularkey" multiple times in Elway's introductory press conference Wednesday.
It won't throw water on skepticism about Elway's credentials, and nor will Elway's admission that he hasn't paid close attention to NFL personnel in recent years. Elway is at the forefront of the Broncos' head-coaching search. Hopefully, he learns Mularkey's first name before Friday's interview.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
San Diego I'm curious why you didn't even attempt to rebut any of my points, instead merely focusing on one line where I called into question your fanhood.

Cause that's what he does...
Share 49ersWebzone