LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Breaking News: Charlie Weis leaving Chiefs

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Why do you leave an NFL playoff team to go work for a college team?
Originally posted by Janitor:

Because his son is an assistant under Muschamp, wants to coach with him. He's in his 60s, I'm sure coaching kids can be a lot more fun than highly paid pros for some coaches.
  • dj43

Weiss has had serious health problems and the overall pace of a college job is not as severe as an NFL job. It could well be a health related choice. Also, some guys just like the college gig better than the pros. I am sure Weiss is well of financially from his NFL days and Notre Dame deal, so he can pick what he likes.
Originally posted by dj43:

Weiss has had serious health problems and the overall pace of a college job is not as severe as an NFL job. It could well be a health related choice. Also, some guys just like the college gig better than the pros. I am sure Weiss is well of financially from his NFL days and Notre Dame deal, so he can pick what he likes.

Okay... are you sure, cause haley seems like a douche!!!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Okay... are you sure, cause haley seems like a douche!!!

this.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I don't see McDaniels in that spot. They actually believe in running the ball in Kansas City.

That team actually seems like a dream job for Mike Singletary.

Haley is the same guy who ran the offense for the Cardinals when Warner was their QB. Haley is a bright guy who uses the talents of the players he has without trying to force something that isn't there. With a good draft for another receiver, they could be a very potent offense. Bowe has turned it on this year and a compliment could make them a DCs nightmare.
I
'm not saying they won't pass. I'm saying that a guy like McDaniels would have Cassel throwing 35 to 40 times a game and de-emphasizing the run, which would not be wise considering they have Charles and Jones.
Share 49ersWebzone