LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 233 users in the forums

if we get harbaugh wonder who coordinators would be?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by PTulini:
I heard somewhere (can't remember where) that Jim Harbaugh would hire Bill Callahan as his OC if he becomes an NFL HC. Did anyone else hear the same thing?

Bill Callahan- Asst. HC/Offensive Line (NY Jets)

If he is the Asst. HC, he can't lateral unless the Jets allow him. Right?
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
I heard somewhere (can't remember where) that Jim Harbaugh would hire Bill Callahan as his OC if he becomes an NFL HC. Did anyone else hear the same thing?

If he is the Asst. HC, he can't lateral unless the Jets allow him. Right?

But wouldn't a job as an Asst. HC/OC be a promotion?
Originally posted by SandSlingin49er:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Mike Nolan? Really?

Come on, MAN!

YOu Better go ask someone about his D, obviously.... I was just trowing names out there for CoOrdinators not for HC job. Plus i could care less if you dont like him, you cant lie about stats my friend.

C'mon man.

I'm not disputing his D coordinator abilities... I KNOW he's an above average coordinator. But since you don't seem to have a clue, I'll fill you in on the obvious thoughts that crossed most people's minds who read the original post:

Mike Nolan used to be a head coach.
Mike Nolan was the head coach of the 49ers.
Mike Nolan failed miserably as the head coach of the 49ers.
Mike Nolan was fired by the 49ers.

Now, why in the hell would we hire Mike Nolan AGAIN, and why in the Hell would Mike Nolan want to come back to the team he was a head coach for and got fired from?

Because after everything you say, ALthough it is TRUE about his prior dealings with the 49ers, this is a league/game of results. Where Wins and Losses cures or destroys all. Nobody in the 49ers upper managment cares what you or i think. If they needed help on the D (which they do, although i to doubt he ever returns) if they thought he was the one for the job im sure they would give it to him..

But since i dont seem to have a clue about his prior history, or so you say, i defend the fact that he is still one of the BEST D CoOrdinators in the league.. Sooooo thats why i put him on the "CoOrdinator list"... Hence the subject "CoOrdinators" not ppl that will never return to the 49ers.

Hey, no need to defend your point that he's a good DC to me, I've already stated that I agree with that assessment.
Sorry to say, though, NO he wouldn't and NO they won't.
But nice try, keep 'em coming.

Now, here's MY list of coordinators the 49ers will never hire:

#1 Mike Nolan

That's all I've got so far. Any other ideas?

All I know is I want a talented head coach that is creative & aggressive and is offensive minded, I'm tired of OC's leaving us and then we are forced to find a new OC while our defensive minded head coach doesnt have a clue how to move the ball...that way our head coach and the system stay in place every year and our guys arent forced to learn a new system every single year
Mike Nolan? Really?

Come on, MAN!

YOu Better go ask someone about his D, obviously.... I was just trowing names out there for CoOrdinators not for HC job. Plus i could care less if you dont like him, you cant lie about stats my friend.

C'mon man.

I'm not disputing his D coordinator abilities... I KNOW he's an above average coordinator. But since you don't seem to have a clue, I'll fill you in on the obvious thoughts that crossed most people's minds who read the original post:

Mike Nolan used to be a head coach.
Mike Nolan was the head coach of the 49ers.
Mike Nolan failed miserably as the head coach of the 49ers.
Mike Nolan was fired by the 49ers.

Now, why in the hell would we hire Mike Nolan AGAIN, and why in the Hell would Mike Nolan want to come back to the team he was a head coach for and got fired from?

Because after everything you say, ALthough it is TRUE about his prior dealings with the 49ers, this is a league/game of results. Where Wins and Losses cures or destroys all. Nobody in the 49ers upper managment cares what you or i think. If they needed help on the D (which they do, although i to doubt he ever returns) if they thought he was the one for the job im sure they would give it to him..

But since i dont seem to have a clue about his prior history, or so you say, i defend the fact that he is still one of the BEST D CoOrdinators in the league.. Sooooo thats why i put him on the "CoOrdinator list"... Hence the subject "CoOrdinators" not ppl that will never return to the 49ers.

Hey, no need to defend your point that he's a good DC to me, I've already stated that I agree with that assessment.
Sorry to say, though, NO he wouldn't and NO they won't.
But nice try, keep 'em coming.

Now, here's MY list of coordinators the 49ers will never hire:

#1 Mike Nolan

That's all I've got so far. Any other ideas?

Usually when you fire someone, you don't hire them back in any sort of capacity. (especially within 5 years of firing them). That goes for any job.
Originally posted by kidash:

Wasn't he the HC for the Raiders a while back?

He took over for Gruden and failed miserably.
Share 49ersWebzone