There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

if we get harbaugh wonder who coordinators would be?

Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by rawdel:
Gary Kubiak OC
Jim Mora DC

Based off what exactly?

Harbaugh runs a Pro Style power offense that features a vertical passing game set up by the running game and the 3-4 defense.

Kubiak runs a derivative of the West Coast Offense and Jim Mora Jr. runs a 4-3.
harbaugh runs the WCO as well

Watch much Stanford football?

Everything about Harbaugh's offenses (SD State and Stanford) have revolved around an established running game. Aside from a few years in Oakland, Harbaugh's influences have all come from offenses featuring vertical passing.
I'd be interested to see what kind of coaching staff Jim Harbaugh could build.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Josh McDaniels OC
John Fox DC

Originally posted by JDog:
you beat me to it. Just google Stanfords Football program and go down the roster of the team coaches. You will fine a long list of NFL credentials, and some pretty good ones at that!

I was impressed

That's something that makes me a little nervous about Harbaugh to be honest. He's my #1 choice but he's had a lot of NFL coaches help him at Stanford, hopefully he made them look good not the other way around.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Wade Phillips or Ray Rhodes would make good D-coordinators.

But I have a feeling that Harbaugh will being those "NFL experienced" coaches with him from the college ranks.

The Bay Area is becoming way too obsessed with Harbaugh. The only reason he gets so much credit is because he's working for a local program..........would Niner fans be all over him if he werent coaching at Stanford ? I doubt it.

Gruden's the only PROVEN candidate. I hope Jed ignores all the fans (unlike the Sing debacle) and goes after Gruden.

Exactly....gruden
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Wade Phillips or Ray Rhodes would make good D-coordinators.

But I have a feeling that Harbaugh will being those "NFL experienced" coaches with him from the college ranks.

The Bay Area is becoming way too obsessed with Harbaugh. The only reason he gets so much credit is because he's working for a local program..........would Niner fans be all over him if he werent coaching at Stanford ? I doubt it.

Gruden's the only PROVEN candidate. I hope Jed ignores all the fans (unlike the Sing debacle) and goes after Gruden.

Exactly....gruden

OC- MCdaniels
DC- Wade phillips
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by JDog:
you beat me to it. Just google Stanfords Football program and go down the roster of the team coaches. You will fine a long list of NFL credentials, and some pretty good ones at that!

I was impressed

That's something that makes me a little nervous about Harbaugh to be honest. He's my #1 choice but he's had a lot of NFL coaches help him at Stanford, hopefully he made them look good not the other way around.

They are good assistants but not that good.
Alright so i am interested to see our HC is, but reguardless who they are they still need CoOdinators..

So option 1 and the only option the niners seem to want is J. Harbaugh
On O he runs a hybrid WCO with David Shaw as the OC/RB coach. On D he runs a 3-4 with Vic Fangio as the DC.

So. We need Offense like no other.. I think we all would agree

D. Shaw had coached the previous nine seasons in the NFL with the Philadelphia Eagles (1997), Oakland Raiders (1998-2001) and Baltimore Ravens (2002-05). His recievers looked like they couldnt catch a cold last night. Would like to see someone else. At the bottom i list a few other options

V. Fangio NFL resume includes,1995-98 Carolina Panthers Defensive Coordinator,1999-01 Indianapolis Colts Defensive Coordinator, 2002-05 Houston Texans Defensive Coordinator, 2006-08 Baltimore Ravens Special Assistant to Head Coach, 2009 Baltimore Raves Special Assistant to Head Coach/Linebackers. I like the V. FAngio and was sold by his performance last night. I wouldnt mind seeing what else hes got.

Option 2: I think HC could be J.FOx but the whole point is who is out there that we need to target???...

Here is a list of some CoOrdinators what do you think:
E. Mangini (Un-employed)
M. Nolan (Dolphins)
R. Ryan (Browns)
K. Butler (Steelers LB coach)
J. Washburn (Titans DL coach)
J. McDaniels (Un-employed)
H. Jackson (Raiders)
T. Cable (un-employed)
P. Fewell (Giants)
M. Tice (Bears)
J. Fox (un-employed)
J. Zorn (Ravens)

I would like to see a Vet coaching staff after our lack of (by vet i mean experianced).. All good if we get Harbaugh but lets get some perfectionist in here coaching/developing talent..
Originally posted by SandSlingin49er:
Alright so i am interested to see our HC is, but reguardless who they are they still need CoOdinators..

So option 1 and the only option the niners seem to want is J. Harbaugh
On O he runs a hybrid WCO with David Shaw as the OC/RB coach. On D he runs a 3-4 with Vic Fangio as the DC.

So. We need Offense like no other.. I think we all would agree

D. Shaw had coached the previous nine seasons in the NFL with the Philadelphia Eagles (1997), Oakland Raiders (1998-2001) and Baltimore Ravens (2002-05). His recievers looked like they couldnt catch a cold last night. Would like to see someone else. At the bottom i list a few other options

V. Fangio NFL resume includes,1995-98 Carolina Panthers Defensive Coordinator,1999-01 Indianapolis Colts Defensive Coordinator, 2002-05 Houston Texans Defensive Coordinator, 2006-08 Baltimore Ravens Special Assistant to Head Coach, 2009 Baltimore Raves Special Assistant to Head Coach/Linebackers. I like the V. FAngio and was sold by his performance last night. I wouldnt mind seeing what else hes got.

Option 2: I think HC could be J.FOx but the whole point is who is out there that we need to target???...

Here is a list of some CoOrdinators what do you think:
E. Mangini (Un-employed)
M. Nolan (Dolphins)
R. Ryan (Browns)
K. Butler (Steelers LB coach)
J. Washburn (Titans DL coach)
J. McDaniels (Un-employed)
H. Jackson (Raiders)
T. Cable (un-employed)
P. Fewell (Giants)
M. Tice (Bears)
J. Fox (un-employed)
J. Zorn (Ravens)

I would like to see a Vet coaching staff after our lack of (by vet i mean experianced).. All good if we get Harbaugh but lets get some perfectionist in here coaching/developing talent..

No-Win for the win
We need people that are not going to jump ship after one season, of course you never know what will happen. Remember when M McCarthy left for GB after a crappy season?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
We need to let Harbaugh bring in his own, even if they are unknown. I like the D cord at Stanford, he has an aggressive style and runs a 4-3.
I'd like to see Tomsula get the DC position actually the players love him as a coach. As fopr switching to a 4-3 the Niners would need to get too many players to get that to work...
as for OC ....Not sure.
Originally posted by pd24:
We need to let Harbaugh bring in his own, even if they are unknown. I like the D cord at Stanford, he has an aggressive style and runs a 4-3.

Uh, don't think so. Stanford runs a 3-4 defense. Take a look at their website and it will prove it.

http://www.gostanford.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/stan/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/depth-chart

In regards to the offensive coordinator, Harbaugh is much like Gruden because he is the play caller/offensive coordinator.
Mike Nolan? Really?

Come on, MAN!
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Mike Nolan? Really?

Come on, MAN!

LOL!