There are 128 users in the forums

if we get harbaugh wonder who coordinators would be?

Getting harbaugh would be great but he would have to have an elite coaching staff as well it can't be shaw and fangio as oc, dc for fun:
Oc john ramsdale
Or jim zorn
Dc keith butler
Or jim washburn
Originally posted by figjam49:
Getting harbaugh would be great but he would have to have an elite coaching staff as well it can't be shaw and fangio as oc, dc for fun:
Oc john ramsdale
Or jim zorn
Dc keith butler
Or jim washburn

If it's Harbaugh, I'd expect him to do what Green Bay does with Joe Philbin, their OC, where the HC makes the calls and the OC is involved in game planning and other supporting activities. Lots of candidates in that case. I wouldn't see him going with McDaniel or other do-it-all OCs.

For DC, I'd love to see him pick up Perry Fewell (if Coughlin and his crew get sacked from the Giants) or someone of that ilk who favors speed and defensive pressure.

[ Edited by 49erThrowback on Dec 31, 2010 at 07:05:50 ]
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 27,029
big problem: he might not have sufficient NFL connections or sufficient street cred in the NFL, and may therefore end up bringing a bunch of college coaches with him, which I definitely don't want to see. There are so many warning signs with Harbaugh. I'd be ok with us getting him, but I think fans have no idea what the potential downside of him is. He may be really good, and he may be really bad. He is definitely *not* a messiah though.
Originally posted by Shaj:
big problem: he might not have sufficient NFL connections or sufficient street cred in the NFL, and may therefore end up bringing a bunch of college coaches with him, which I definitely don't want to see. There are so many warning signs with Harbaugh. I'd be ok with us getting him, but I think fans have no idea what the potential downside of him is. He may be really good, and he may be really bad. He is definitely *not* a messiah though.

I don't think NFL connections would be an issue with Harbuagh.

Quote:
Since he arrived at one of the nation's elite academic universities, Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh has leaned heavily on his NFL education.

It's an essential part of Harbaugh, who spent 15 years playing quarterback in the pros and two more coaching quarterbacks (for the Raiders).

It's integral to his recruiting philosophy, which targets prospects who want a first-class education and the prospect of an NFL paycheck.

It's also an unmistakable force on his coaching staff.

More than half of Stanford's nine assistants coached in the NFL before joining Harbaugh on The Farm. The list includes associate head coach Greg Roman, who oversees the high-powered offense, and Vic Fangio, who worked wonders in his first year as defensive coordinator.

http://www.mercurynews.com/orange-bowl/ci_16977335?nclick_check=1

Not mentioned in the article is his Special Teams Coach, Brian Polian, who has no NFL experience, but is the son of Bill Polian and brother of Chris Polian.
  • JDog
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,150
you beat me to it. Just google Stanfords Football program and go down the roster of the team coaches. You will fine a long list of NFL credentials, and some pretty good ones at that!

I was impressed
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 27,029
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Shaj:
big problem: he might not have sufficient NFL connections or sufficient street cred in the NFL, and may therefore end up bringing a bunch of college coaches with him, which I definitely don't want to see. There are so many warning signs with Harbaugh. I'd be ok with us getting him, but I think fans have no idea what the potential downside of him is. He may be really good, and he may be really bad. He is definitely *not* a messiah though.

I don't think NFL connections would be an issue with Harbuagh.

Quote:
Since he arrived at one of the nation's elite academic universities, Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh has leaned heavily on his NFL education.

It's an essential part of Harbaugh, who spent 15 years playing quarterback in the pros and two more coaching quarterbacks (for the Raiders).

It's integral to his recruiting philosophy, which targets prospects who want a first-class education and the prospect of an NFL paycheck.

It's also an unmistakable force on his coaching staff.

More than half of Stanford's nine assistants coached in the NFL before joining Harbaugh on The Farm. The list includes associate head coach Greg Roman, who oversees the high-powered offense, and Vic Fangio, who worked wonders in his first year as defensive coordinator.

http://www.mercurynews.com/orange-bowl/ci_16977335?nclick_check=1

Not mentioned in the article is his Special Teams Coach, Brian Polian, who has no NFL experience, but is the son of Bill Polian and brother of Chris Polian.

ok, cool, that is good news!!!! Makes me feel a bit better about this. I'd love to have Harbaugh if we had a very experienced and veteran GM that has preferably been an NFL HC before. Harbaugh + Baalke makes me very nervous though.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Shaj:
big problem: he might not have sufficient NFL connections or sufficient street cred in the NFL, and may therefore end up bringing a bunch of college coaches with him, which I definitely don't want to see. There are so many warning signs with Harbaugh. I'd be ok with us getting him, but I think fans have no idea what the potential downside of him is. He may be really good, and he may be really bad. He is definitely *not* a messiah though.

I don't think NFL connections would be an issue with Harbuagh.

Quote:
Since he arrived at one of the nation's elite academic universities, Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh has leaned heavily on his NFL education.

It's an essential part of Harbaugh, who spent 15 years playing quarterback in the pros and two more coaching quarterbacks (for the Raiders).

It's integral to his recruiting philosophy, which targets prospects who want a first-class education and the prospect of an NFL paycheck.

It's also an unmistakable force on his coaching staff.

More than half of Stanford's nine assistants coached in the NFL before joining Harbaugh on The Farm. The list includes associate head coach Greg Roman, who oversees the high-powered offense, and Vic Fangio, who worked wonders in his first year as defensive coordinator.

http://www.mercurynews.com/orange-bowl/ci_16977335?nclick_check=1

Not mentioned in the article is his Special Teams Coach, Brian Polian, who has no NFL experience, but is the son of Bill Polian and brother of Chris Polian.

ok, cool, that is good news!!!! Makes me feel a bit better about this. I'd love to have Harbaugh if we had a very experienced and veteran GM that has preferably been an NFL HC before. Harbaugh + Baalke makes me very nervous though.


I agree. No matter who the HC is, Baalke as GM will be a tough sell unless an experienced Head of Football Operations is brought in as well.
Steve Young - OC

Rod Woodson - DB coach

Ken Norton Jr - DC

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Steve Young - OC

Rod Woodson - DB coach

Ken Norton Jr - DC


This needed its own thread. Please don't lock/merge.
Gary Kubiak OC
Jim Mora DC
At least bring in Wade Phillips to be our DC
Originally posted by rawdel:
Gary Kubiak OC
Jim Mora DC

Based off what exactly?

Harbaugh runs a Pro Style power offense that features a vertical passing game set up by the running game and the 3-4 defense.

Kubiak runs a derivative of the West Coast Offense and Jim Mora Jr. runs a 4-3.
  • ZRF80
  • Member
  • Posts: 13,551
Wade Phillips or Ray Rhodes would make good D-coordinators.

But I have a feeling that Harbaugh will being those "NFL experienced" coaches with him from the college ranks.

The Bay Area is becoming way too obsessed with Harbaugh. The only reason he gets so much credit is because he's working for a local program..........would Niner fans be all over him if he werent coaching at Stanford ? I doubt it.

Gruden's the only PROVEN candidate. I hope Jed ignores all the fans (unlike the Sing debacle) and goes after Gruden.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Wade Phillips or Ray Rhodes would make good D-coordinators.

But I have a feeling that Harbaugh will being those "NFL experienced" coaches with him from the college ranks.

The Bay Area is becoming way too obsessed with Harbaugh. The only reason he gets so much credit is because he's working for a local program..........would Niner fans be all over him if he werent coaching at Stanford ? I doubt it.

Gruden's the only PROVEN candidate. I hope Jed ignores all the fans (unlike the Sing debacle) and goes after Gruden.

Wade is going to Hou
Share 49erswebzone