There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tucker Carlson- Michael Vick should have been exucuted

He paid his prison time already. So he's done. I have no idea what the context Carlson is trying to get at. Interesting enough they don't show much before and almost nothing after the comment on the video. So I wonder if he was serious or trying to make a point but didn't mean it literally or what? We don't have the full tape. I haven't seen the entire episode. So I have no idea what he's saying. There are a lot of edited things on the internet that don't provide full context. I'm not saying that happened here but it's certainly possible.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I honestly don't get the big deal about what Vick did at all. I don't think he should have been punished. I ate a ham sandwich for lunch no one cares about the pigs. Type 'gestation crate' into google and you'll see what I am talking about. And yet Vick's kennel, I'm not even sure how personally he was involved, killed a couple of dogs. Who cares?

You obviously dont have a dog. If you had a pet you would know and appreciate how fricking horrible what he did was. There is no excuse and no justifying it. Your post makes me sick. Vick did his time and deserves a 2nd chance but to minimize what he did he is just stupid and wrong.

There is a difference between killing someone else's pet (yours) and killing a stray. Dogs get put down all the time. Just because yours is cute and plays fetch doesn't mean Vick is a serial rapist.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Tucker's a retard.

Tucker is a punk. While I don't approve of maltreatment of dogs, Tucker is an example of a clown who somehow has a platform to make ridiculous statements based on the ratings he generates. I doubt seriously he cares for canines as much as he maintains.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
lol who the f**k is tucker carlson?

Originally posted by pantstickle:
Person who says shocking things so people will pay attention to him says shocking thing.

he must be related to skip bayless
Originally posted by lamontb:
Person who says shocking things so people will pay attention to him says shocking thing.

He's related to many talentless people that have made a career out of, essentially, nothing.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Tucker
WTF

He was executed. Didn't you see Monday night's game?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I thought it was funny how he tied the whole thing to Obama. What a stupid thing to say but it's par for the course for this guy, I mean just look at him.
I do however get tired of hearing this whole "he paid his debt to society" thing. Not that it's at all the same, but if someone raped your sister and he went to jail and served his time, would you say "oh he paid his debt" like all is forgiven? Maybe on a lessor note, if a white collar criminal bilks millions out of people and serves his time, is he forgiven for paying his debt? I don't think just going to jail is an automatic clearing of all "debt".
  • boast
  • All City
Originally posted by TX9R:
I thought it was funny how he tied the whole thing to Obama. What a stupid thing to say but it's par for the course for this guy, I mean just look at him.
I do however get tired of hearing this whole "he paid his debt to society" thing. Not that it's at all the same, but if someone raped your sister and he went to jail and served his time, would you say "oh he paid his debt" like all is forgiven? Maybe on a lessor note, if a white collar criminal bilks millions out of people and serves his time, is he forgiven for paying his debt? I don't think just going to jail is an automatic clearing of all "debt".

yep. when it comes right down to it, Vick is still DOGKILLER.
Originally posted by TX9R:

Folks say he paid his debt to society not paid all his debt. All society demands of criminals is to your crime and do your time. and hopefully that you don't end up repeating those crimes and that you become a productive member of society. That's why you are judged buy a jury of your peers. Nobody is forgiving him of anything. People have just moved on from the anger and shock part of the story to the glad to see he's doing things the right way side of the story. How long that lasts is on him and his personal battles. It's just a statement saying ok he did illegal acts got sentenced for those acts, and is now moving forward. Doesn't forgive him for what he has done but if you serve your penalty what else do you want from him or anybody. And of course you gonna feel way more upset about a guy who raped your sister, or stole your wealth than a guy who killed dogs. But the same thing still applies. Guy rapes your sister does 18 years and comes home. You not gonna forgive the guy at all but life goes on and people have to move forward. It isn't easy but it's life. Vick still has to answer his kids, his family and himself everyday about what he did. We have no clue how remorseful he is or isn't so all we can do is enjoy his play on the field and assume he isn't cutting up til we hear otherwise.

Originally posted by lamontb:

He's related to many talentless people that have made a career out of, essentially, nothing.

that's the way to do in today's society. either say something off the wall or get a reality show and act like an ass.
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I honestly don't get the big deal about what Vick did at all. I don't think he should have been punished. I ate a ham sandwich for lunch no one cares about the pigs. Type 'gestation crate' into google and you'll see what I am talking about. And yet Vick's kennel, I'm not even sure how personally he was involved, killed a couple of dogs. Who cares?

You obviously dont have a dog. If you had a pet you would know and appreciate how fricking horrible what he did was. There is no excuse and no justifying it. Your post makes me sick. Vick did his time and deserves a 2nd chance but to minimize what he did he is just stupid and wrong.

There is a difference between killing someone else's pet (yours) and killing a stray. Dogs get put down all the time. Just because yours is cute and plays fetch doesn't mean Vick is a serial rapist.

I never said he was a serial rapist and said the comment by Tucker Carlson was idiotic. However, to minimize what he did and say it wasnt a big deal is bulls**t.
it wasn't a big deal to me
Originally posted by teeohh:
it wasn't a big deal to me

It was f**ked up, but it wasn't that bad. People comparing him to a murderer is pretty ludicrous. Sometimes I wanna Michael Vick my dog because he's annoying.
F**k Tucker Carlson. Who really takes this guy seriously anyway?

Personally, my feelings on the Mike Vick situation are let that man live. He went to jail, did his time, and is making the most of his second chance. It's over and done with and people just need to deal with that.

Additionally, if you eat you eat meat and/or purchase any goods made in third world countries but still judge Michael Vick, then you are a hypocrite and should strongly consider closing your mouth.

The ignorance out there these days is truly astounding.

[ Edited by baltien on Dec 30, 2010 at 14:25:42 ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
The Young Turks............funny take on Tucker