There are 263 users in the forums

Mike Singletary Fired

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by danimal:
as if it matters. I rank the pathetic excuses for HC in this order

1. DE
2. Nolan
3. Sing

Nobody around here should ever say that there is only one way to go from here. The Yorks are perfectly capable of picking an HC even worst than Sing.

That is why my resume is already in the mail. You never know as I will come cheaper then the rest of them.
"Well Bye"
Originally posted by jrice80:
Just trying to have some fun, in this depressing year...

lol, tomsula's reaction is priceless
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Quote:
Just learned that Mike Singletary assistant-coaching hires Vance Singletary and Al Harris are no longer with 49ers.

Yup hiring your fam and buddies in made up positions is all they were.

Ok seriously if we get either of these coaches I will somewhat be happy and hopeful

Harbaugh, Gruden, Holmgren, Billick.

If we get either of these coaches then I will be somewhat hopeful.

The fact that Harbaugh isn't strictly college only experience makes me feel a little better about him. Although, it was with the Raiders.

"Harbaugh was an assistant coach with the Oakland Raiders in 2002–2003. In 2002 he was an offensive assistant coach, and in 2003 he was the quarterbacks coach"
  • kray28
  • Veteran
So they finally fired him.

That's the first thing they did right this season. Of course, it's all over.

I'm not happy. A lot has to happen right now....and I don't think we have qualified enough people in management to make all the right decisions that need to be made to get this franchise back on track.

I heard Jed wants to hire a GM. LMAO.

You waited until now to figure out you needed a GM? The Niners have a tiny 2-3 week window to bring in the right people. And they aren't ready. They should have been prepping for this from the point we started 0-5. Instead you had Jed tweeting to BSPN that the 49ers were going to win the division.

When you fail to plan....you plan to fail.
Originally posted by kray28:
So they finally fired him.

That's the first thing they did right this season. Of course, it's all over.

I'm not happy. A lot has to happen right now....and I don't think we have qualified enough people in management to make all the right decisions that need to be made to get this franchise back on track.

I heard Jed wants to hire a GM. LMAO.

You waited until now to figure out you needed a GM? The Niners have a tiny 2-3 week window to bring in the right people. And they aren't ready. They should have been prepping for this from the point we started 0-5. Instead you had Jed tweeting to BSPN that the 49ers were going to win the division.

When you fail to plan....you plan to fail.

According to Eddie D Jed has been making these kinds of plans so maybe he will get it right. Eddie sucked it up the first go around then got it right.
Mike needed to go but some of the players would not cut it on other teams. I agree with most of these on this list.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/554649-mike-singletary-alex-smith-and-10-players-who-should-have-been-fired-instead
Originally posted by NinerD:
Mike needed to go but some of the players would not cut it on other teams. I agree with most of these on this list.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/554649-mike-singletary-alex-smith-and-10-players-who-should-have-been-fired-instead

I stopped reading when they put Mike Iupati on that list.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

Whoever wrote that was probably high off of high-quality paint and coke.

Dumb motherf**ker.
Originally posted by susweel:

That's why they are letting the GM pick the coach. Now hopefully they can pick the right GM.

York will still play a hand on who the next coach is. I dont think he should be anywhere near the hiring table.

That is why I said most, Iupati played well for a rook this year, should be good for years to come for us.
HALLELUJAH!!!!

That is why I said most, Iupati played well for a rook this year, should be good for years to come for us.

Yeah, like I said, I stopped reading after that.

Just sent that list to the guys at ProFootballFocus.com and here's the reply they gave me:

ProFootbalFocus @gabrielmury Yikes (The yikes is about Iupati). LAwson having a v good season too. Clements is playing well despite THAT play.. Lazy list

I never started reading when I saw it was a bleacher report link.
Best news of this is that Eddie D. will have his input all over this GM search and Hiring and according to Jed could even be present or on conference call. He still knows alot of what goes on in the game and i think Jed sincerely wants to reach out to Eddie and NOT his parents. I see that as a good sign for a young guy to say he doesnt have all the experience and he will go with who does have Great experience. Thats how people learn and become better. By reaching out to those who have been successful and getting a blueprint for success.
Share 49ersWebzone