There are 171 users in the forums

Mike Singletary Fired

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dmax:
High Five.....Now greg manuskey.... ITS YOUR TURN NEXT

Hire a proven NFL COACH.... NO COLLEGE COACHES ALLOWED....YOU HEAR THAT HARBAUGH.....NO NO NO

• dmax
  • Veteran
YES...im not for drinking the "harbauagh kool-aid"....COLLEGE COACH..JUMPING INTO THE BIG LEAGUES..HAS FAILED JUST ABOUT EVERYTIME...SO IF WE GOT HIM..IT WOULD SET US BACK ANOTHER 3-5 YRS..NO WAY....GRUDEN...BILLICK..JEFF FISCHER
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
YES...im not for drinking the "harbauagh kool-aid"....COLLEGE COACH..JUMPING INTO THE BIG LEAGUES..HAS FAILED JUST ABOUT EVERYTIME...SO IF WE GOT HIM..IT WOULD SET US BACK ANOTHER 3-5 YRS..NO WAY....GRUDEN...BILLICK..JEFF FISCHER

I agree, but he can also be a Jimmy Johnson and win a couple of Super Bowls.

[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 27, 2010 at 05:59:47 ]

NO BILLICK.. I know he won a SB with the Ravens but that was entirely becuase of the Ravens D, not Billick's offensive genius. In his whole time with the Ravens he never developed a single QB, and their offense was boring.... think Dilfer.

Ozzie Newsome, the Ravens GM, deserves the credit for Ravens success, not Billick.

Maybe we can convince Newsome to come to SF and run the show??
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Mayo, thats true jimmy was awesome (yuck, i had to admitt that) but for every jimmy johnson...theres a nick saban, steve spurrier, lane kiffen, mike riley, AND NINER FAVORITE.... DENNIS ERICKSON. Thats why harbaugh would be bad. Jed Do not do it
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

NO BILLICK.. I know he won a SB with the Ravens but that was entirely becuase of the Ravens D, not Billick's offensive genius. In his whole time with the Ravens he never developed a single QB, and their offense was boring.... think Dilfer.

Ozzie Newsome, the Ravens GM, deserves the credit for Ravens success, not Billick.

Look at what he did..as minnesota oc. He knows how to use weapons. In baltimore he had no offense what so ever...he HAD to win with defense
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Mayo, thats true jimmy was awesome (yuck, i had to admitt that) but for every jimmy johnson...theres a nick saban, steve spurrier, lane kiffen, mike riley, AND NINER FAVORITE.... DENNIS ERICKSON. Thats why harbaugh would be bad. Jed Do not do it

That's why I'm neutral on this. If we get him I'd be satisfied, if they go in a different direction, I would understand.

i 100% agree with you.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Thank MR.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by jrg:
Statement from Singletary:

“One of the greatest experiences of my life was having the opportunity to coach the San Francisco 49ers. What made it so special were the players. They were some of the most outstanding men I have ever been around in my life. The coaches were truly professionals. I wish the 49ers nothing but the best. I am thankful to the York family for having given me the opportunity to be a head coach in the NFL. I am indebted to them for that. I am also thankful for the Faithful fans, I am just sorry I couldn’t give them more.”

nothing about having to look at the film?

He's going to regroup...

Originally posted by DANADA:
0 days until Singletary gets fired.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

7 days until we see Alex in a Niner uniform for THE LAST TIME!!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sc49ers22:
Originally posted by DANADA:
0 days until Singletary gets fired.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

7 days until we see Alex in a Niner uniform for THE LAST TIME!!!!

7 days until Alex is done as a Niner.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Look at what he did..as minnesota oc. He knows how to use weapons. In baltimore he had no offense what so ever...he HAD to win with defense

That was a long time ago...

He had 10 years with the Ravens to do nothing with the offense.
what a x-mas present to us 9ers fans...thank you Jed.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
My feeling is that they already got something in the mix with Harbaugh and they will announce hiring before bowl. Thats my Nostra- dumass prediction. :-D
Well Jed did say that he was going to hire a GM before anything else to "do things right". But you never know.

And Jed has a great track record for making solid football decisions? It's a very sad day in Niner Land to have Singletary released. We are now faced with what could be months of indecision, a GM that may not have time to get ready for a critical draft and the fact that we are likely going to be starting all over again - it maybe another 3-4 years before the Niners have relevance. And by the way, who made the decision to bring in all those head coaches before Singletary? I will root my Niners on, but I fear we are faced with years to recover from all the garbage of the past ten!
Share 49ersWebzone