LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Nolan takes a swipe at Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
Yea Alex was hurt that year so couldn't of been a swipe at him ...but Nolan was a garbage ass coach and "trigger man" that's why I never wanted sing as a HC....Nolan groomed him.
He is complementing Shaun Hill, who I believe they are facing this week. He was asked a question, and found an opportunity to praise Hill for which...now that he looks back at it, regrets not giving him fair chance.

also it is funny how most Alex's fans like to bash Nolan..when he was the reason Alex was given so many chances...same thing with Singletary.

some bash him for starting him his rookie year, but like I have said before 95% of the Alex fanboys at the time were Calling for Alex to start...and Praised Nolan for the move...all the while bashing Tim Rattay along the way.

but of course now, Nolan is the bad guy right?...haha...Nolan was one of the worse things to happen to this team...I hated his hiring from the Very beginning.... Rollin with Nolans were everywhere here at the zone. but now because Alex didn't pan out, time to bash Nolan....

It is ALWAYS someone else getting the blame for Alex struggles. He was destined to be a big time player in this league huh? Ruin you say? by everyone around him, from his coaches, teamates, slick footballs, it has always been something else.....but most still do not want to just accept that Alex is not a good QB. They say either you have it or you don't. Some blossom later in their careers, like Rich Gannon.....but these types of QBs usually blossom because they finally get legit chances.

Alex had the luxury of having a ProBowl RB, ProBowl TE, good receivers....ALL these players and coaches and FO wanted OH SO MUCH for him to be the guy...he has never really had to deal with teammates, coaches, FO not supporting him.

Alex has not had it as bad as some here like to make it seem.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 23, 2010 at 15:57:36 ]
Alex looking over his shoulder, he see's something coming from far far away. It looks like a vehicle of some sort... oh my God, it's a bus, and it's being driven by that Nolan guy again!!!

Nothing like a fresh set of tire tracks up Alex's back from one of the most insecure, unjustifiably power mad head coaches of all time.

Hey coach Suit, you picked him. Obviously you couldn't tell "a baller" if he hit you in the head with a 5 dollar footlong.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I hated Mike Nolan. But he did a better job coaching with less talent than Singletary has. I honestly would take Mike Nolan over Singletary right now/

This, Dingletary is completely lost and gets dumber by the day.
Originally posted by posayshoohaa:
Alex Smith = Coach Killer

Alex Smith = Franchise Killer
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sc49ers22:

Most franchises dump their high draft choice busts in 2-3 years, why the 49ers have kept him for 7 years is beyond me.
I love how Alex fans get all offend. How dare Nolan speak the truth. lol
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by sc49ers22:

Most franchises dump their high draft choice busts in 2-3 years, why the 49ers have kept him for 7 years is beyond me.

Because he agreed to restructure his contract. Super genius move by good ol Scotty there!!
Nolan was a dumbass for f**king him up in the first place in every possible way. that being said i think nolan was a better coach than singletary is.
And there lies the fate of a coach that takes a QB #1 overall.

• Veteran
Oh god, why do we have to be reminded of Nolan again. Didn't we suffer enough?
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I hated Mike Nolan. But he did a better job coaching with less talent than Singletary has. I honestly would take Mike Nolan over Singletary right now/

I don't agree Nolan had less talent.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
What an idiot!! Head coaches hire coordinators who in turn make the players. The coordinators are the people who you need to make a player good. This idiot was such a joke as a coach his coordinators would leave as soon as they could. This is why the team and oir players suck. Remember when guys like Barlow called him out. It was the truth he was a dictator not a head coach. He is a career position coach at best.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
uhhh... how is that a swipe at Smith?

He said he liked Hill and shoulda started him his last year ( 2008 ). Smith wasn't even healthy to play that year.

“I always thought [Hill] was good,” Nolan said via the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. “I would admit to making a mistake not making him a starter at the end. The last year I was there I should have [switched QBs] because he’s a baller."

You can infer by that statement he thought S. Hill > A. Smith, which is what many on this board thought as well.

He should have swtiched QBs because A. Smith is a joke.
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Oh Mike Florio- you're an idiot

Florio didn't even write it...

He's no longer the editor of PFT?
Share 49ersWebzone