LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Fox Sports President on Music during Super Bowl "its a possibility"

Shop 49ers game tickets
A new kind of NFL scoring: adding music to TV game coverage.

Don't laugh. Fox will formally announce today that it will do that on its regional Arizona Cardinals-Carolina Panthers game Sunday (1 p.m. ET) after an unannounced test on last week's Seattle Seahawks-San Francisco 49ers game. Fox Sports President Eric Shanks on whether such soundtracks will pop up on Fox's upcoming Super Bowl: "It's a possibility."

Given you're bombarded with mood-prompting music in TV shows, ads and movies — and in stadiums and arenas during games — it's seems inevitable that sideline shots of, say, Bill Belichick could end up being accentuated by Lady Gaga's Poker Face. That's Jay-Z's I Know What Girls Like taking us inside the heads of kickers who just made game-winning field goals. Cue It's Raining Men as players run out of tunnels. Everything going wrong for a team? Who you gonna call?Ghostbusters!

Fox's Shanks says game playlists could include famous artists — "the rule is you use it just once and don't edit it" — but will also draw on original medleys. For Sunday's game, Fox has 15 new cuts from James Cardoni, who has composed music for the prime-time show CSI.

USA Today
[ Edited by global_nomad on Dec 20, 2010 at 11:21 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yes !!!
Yay Shanks! gimme some spanks
who at Fox Sports honestly thinks this is a good idea? the music in the Niners/Seahawks game was AWFUL. unbearably bad. 70% of the national fan voters said they hated it. how are they thinking about putting music during the SUPER BOWL....

[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 24, 2010 at 12:10:09 ]
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
It'd be funny the first time they did it especially if it was for that hunk Tom Brady.

If they've kept Joe Buck employed for this long there's simply no limit to what they're capable of doing.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think that's the worst decision Fox has ever made, with that stupid ass music playing.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
If they've kept Joe Buck employed for this long there's simply no limit to what they're capable of doing.

Too true.
any updates?

Originally posted by global_nomad:
any updates?

I just tweeted BeeRows for an update, since he was on the anti-music bandwagon after the SF-SEA game.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

Too true.

I like Joe Buck
Originally posted by pelos21:

Too true.

I like Joe Buck

Your bad.
What a waste
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by pelos21:

Too true.

I like Joe Buck

Your bad.

Share 49ersWebzone