Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by PatrickWillis52:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Mallett = Boller?

I'm confused by this one too.

they are both white

A White qb? Who'd a thought it?
luck
We might not have to part with any picks for Palmer. Cincy is cleaning house. He's got a huge cap number next year and he's already stated he's not going to take a paycut to remain in Cincy. Now aside from him, the realistic options I see us trading for are Orton, Josh Johnson, Sage Rosenfels, Dennis Dixon. These are along the lines of the best its going to get. Obviously they'd have to be augmented with a quarterback we drafted. They're not great by any means. I didn't include Kolb because Philly wants 2 first rounders for him and has really no incentive to trade him for anything less than that. They're already talking about playing him in the wildcard game if Vick struggles. I wouldn't touch McNabb at this point. What do you guys think of Matt Hasselbeck, if he gets released? He's old, but could be a good mentor for a developmental qb. Remember Luck is ready to play now, but guys like Mallett, Newton, Locker really aren't. Even if they are they still need a vet to lean on here and again.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Why in the world would you trade for Stanton?

Especially after this:

-9fA

dat swag
  • dj43
Originally posted by JDeezy:
We might not have to part with any picks for Palmer. Cincy is cleaning house. He's got a huge cap number next year and he's already stated he's not going to take a paycut to remain in Cincy. Now aside from him, the realistic options I see us trading for are Orton, Josh Johnson, Sage Rosenfels, Dennis Dixon. These are along the lines of the best its going to get. Obviously they'd have to be augmented with a quarterback we drafted. They're not great by any means. I didn't include Kolb because Philly wants 2 first rounders for him and has really no incentive to trade him for anything less than that. They're already talking about playing him in the wildcard game if Vick struggles. I wouldn't touch McNabb at this point. What do you guys think of Matt Hasselbeck, if he gets released? He's old, but could be a good mentor for a developmental qb. Remember Luck is ready to play now, but guys like Mallett, Newton, Locker really aren't. Even if they are they still need a vet to lean on here and again.
Hasselback would be ideal if he wasn't so brittle.

With Tebow's performance today, it makes it far less likely that Denver will part with Orton unless the deal was VERY sweet for the Broncos.

Palmer may not like what Cincy is offering but that doesn't mean he would come here for much less. In this QB starved league, he will get a very nice contract from someone if he doesn't go back to Cincy. Two years/$15MILLION is my guess as what it would take to get him here. That is scary as he has not played well at all the last three years.
Wouldn't mind Orton or Palmer for a year. I think we've got a hidden gem in Nate Davis but it'll take the right HC to bring him along.
Serioulsy drew Stanton??? Gtf outa here...
Carson Palmer??? He just blows...
Kevin Kolb sounds pretty reasonable, but hes a back up QB for a reason.
So where to go from here? Maybe Gruden would just be able to mold A. Smith but that's doubtful...

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Why in the world would you trade for Stanton?

Especially after this:

-9fA

dat swag

My dougie, so fresh, my dougie, so fresh. Flyer than a mf.
Originally posted by goldrush1849:
Serioulsy drew Stanton??? Gtf outa here...
Carson Palmer??? He just blows...
Kevin Kolb sounds pretty reasonable, but hes a back up QB for a reason.
So where to go from here? Maybe Gruden would just be able to mold A. Smith but that's doubtful...

Yeah he's a back up because Mike Vick is balling out in front of him. I'm not even that high on Kolb though, but he'd be a guy to bring in.

Honestly, I don't see what's so bad about Stanton? If you look at his numbers, his passer rating wasn't that bad. 78. He didnt get to play much but did alright, and who knows how well he would play if he got a chance under a good coach. He was a 2nd round pick for a reason(even if Detroit reached) and he has some mobility, he put up a couple hundred yards rushing every season he was in college and averaged 6 yards per carry this year.

Don't forget that not every good QB was a first round pick or a starter their rookie year. Jeff Garcia didnt find his way to the NFL till he was 25 or whatever and started out as a back up to Steve Young. Matt Hasselbeck was a late round pick and changed teams. Brett Favre was a 2nd round pick who got traded. Kurt Warner was a grocery bagger. Jake Delhomme was an undrafted guy who was good for a while. Tony Romo was undrafted and was a back up.

We need to get a couple young QBs who have potential and let them compete if we don't have a shot at Luck(which we most likely wont) and Gabbert or Mallett aren't there. I dont trust Locker or Newton to play right away.
Carson Palmer would be a nice fit for a couple years until we develop someone. He needs a change of scenery, sound familiar? (except he can actually play)
why do people honestly like kevin kolb so much. i live near philly and all i hear about is kolb. he has more weapons then we have on offense and still has very mediocre numbers. if not for a 3 game stretch of pretty decent numbers he has been actually quite terrible in his career. i for one want nothing to do with this bum especially if we had to give something up for him
Share 49ersWebzone