There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Matt Flynn

Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by LundyLove:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
ok you win Matt Flynn is the best quarterback in the NFL because he threw an accruate pass I guess a quarterback in the NFL never threw an accurate TD pass before? holy s**t Matt Flynn is miraculous he threw an accurate touchdown pass to one of the best TEs in the NFL, lets sign him noww!!11!1

I am not saying he is the best QB in the league

Just better then the one we have

lol if you say so
that offense is stacked dude Alex would have great numbers in that offense too.

Remember when Matt Cassell took over for Brady and played very well. How did he do? He had a 69.9 qb rating the year after, then had one decent season, and had a 76 QB rating this season.

I dont remember Cassell breaking team records
Originally posted by Janitor:
Starting the debate in general.

Personally I think it was just THAT kind of game. GB had nothing to lose, so they aired it up all day for kicks and giggles.

don't forget both defenses aren't very good. That will definitely help inflate some numbers.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Starting the debate in general.

Personally I think it was just THAT kind of game. GB had nothing to lose, so they aired it up all day for kicks and giggles.

Whats it matter? We aren't signing him.... zero chance.

Oh I agree, but most people will still think we will, or that we should.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Starting the debate in general.

Personally I think it was just THAT kind of game. GB had nothing to lose, so they aired it up all day for kicks and giggles.

Whats it matter? We aren't signing him.... zero chance.
This, we already have an unknown in tolz, and a huge unknown in Kaep. Why would we go sign a backup who could just be a product of his team/situation (ala kevin kolb / mcnabb) ???
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Jan 1, 2012 at 2:07 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,752
Originally posted by ImaMod:
lol if you say so
that offense is stacked dude Alex would have great numbers in that offense too.

Remember when Matt Cassell took over for Brady and played very well. How did he do? He had a 69.9 qb rating the year after, then had one decent season, and had a 76 QB rating this season.

One decent year? 93 QB rating with 27 TDs and 7 Ints is decent? Wow you have high standards... I'd hate to think what you thought of Alex Smith this year....
Originally posted by Jcool:
One decent year? 93 QB rating with 27 TDs and 7 Ints is decent? Wow you have high standards... I'd hate to think what you thought of Alex Smith this year....

I haven't supported AS for a long time, but he proved himself enough this year for me to rather have him than bring in someone else.
Seahawks will end up with Flynn and the Aldon Smith will have to introduce himself over and over, year by year.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by LundyLove:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
ok you win Matt Flynn is the best quarterback in the NFL because he threw an accruate pass I guess a quarterback in the NFL never threw an accurate TD pass before? holy s**t Matt Flynn is miraculous he threw an accurate touchdown pass to one of the best TEs in the NFL, lets sign him noww!!11!1

I am not saying he is the best QB in the league

Just better then the one we have

lol if you say so
that offense is stacked dude Alex would have great numbers in that offense too.

Remember when Matt Cassell took over for Brady and played very well. How did he do? He had a 69.9 qb rating the year after, then had one decent season, and had a 76 QB rating this season.

Just like Alex has had one decent season......
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
lol if you say so
that offense is stacked dude Alex would have great numbers in that offense too.

Remember when Matt Cassell took over for Brady and played very well. How did he do? He had a 69.9 qb rating the year after, then had one decent season, and had a 76 QB rating this season.

One decent year? 93 QB rating with 27 TDs and 7 Ints is decent? Wow you have high standards... I'd hate to think what you thought of Alex Smith this year....

Um yes considering he had a 58 % completion percentage and just 3100 yards that season was nothing special. There was 4 QBs that broke 5000 yard mark this year. 3000 yards and 27 TDs is nothing special these days.

I think Alex smith was decent. 91 qb rating, about the same yardage, fewer INTs, and a better record. Alex was decent, Cassell was decent.

anymore questions?
am I wrong?
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jan 1, 2012 at 2:16 PM ]
Someones going to have to pay big moneys for him
Flynn's career QB rating is under 70. He has had two good starts but has looked sketchy at other times so who knows what this guy is really capable of when you take away all that talent around him.
Ok this thread is titled Matt Flynn, btw...
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by LundyLove:
Just like Alex has had one decent season......


Originally posted by Janitor:
Ok this thread is titled Matt Flynn, btw...
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jan 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,304
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Starting the debate in general.

Personally I think it was just THAT kind of game. GB had nothing to lose, so they aired it up all day for kicks and giggles.

Whats it matter? We aren't signing him.... zero chance.

Just wrote in the thread comparing Flynn to Smith that got locked the following.

Based solely of this game and the patriots game last year people think he is a franchise QB and couldn't be farther from the truth. No way we sign him because we'd be resetting the clock on our offense by having to reteach the system to a new QB. Quit smoking weed and be happy with Alex, he's got years of experience compared to Flynn and just to remind everyone here, Alex was nothing more then an insurance policy/bridge to Kaepernick when the season started. Now because of his play people are talking about him deserving a 3 year deal worth about 8 Million a year.

If your really dead set on us signing Flynn it would be at Tolzien's expense, that way Flynn could truly compete against Kaepernick for the right to be our QB of the future.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,752
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Um yes considering he had a 58 % completion percentage and just 3100 yards that season was nothing special. There was 4 QBs that broke 5000 yard mark this year. 3000 yards and 27 TDs is nothing special these days.

I think Alex smith was decent. 91 qb rating, about the same yardage, fewer INTs, and a better record. Alex was decent, Cassell was decent.

anymore questions?
am I wrong?

Really thats what your going to use?