There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Matt Flynn

matt flynn!? thank god some of you don't have jobs in the nfl. jesus christ lolol
  • Dino
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,895
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 109,945
HAHAHAHAH
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
All of a sudden some guy has a flashy/good nite & the 49er faithful jumps on the bandwagon

you guys get impressed to easily huh?

RELAX ITS JUST ONE FREAKIN GAME!!!!!!!!

i know right
  • dj43
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,155
He had a pretty good game tonight considering it was his first start. He showed he could change speeds and make the throws. His lack of experience against the blitz showed but that is to be expected. Overall, he showed why McCarthy has moved him from #3 to #2. If GB had been playing anyone but Brady, they would have won that game.
Originally posted by dj43:
He had a pretty good game tonight considering it was his first start. He showed he could change speeds and make the throws. His lack of experience against the blitz showed but that is to be expected. Overall, he showed why McCarthy has moved him from #3 to #2. If GB had been playing anyone but Brady, they would have won that game.

i was definitely impressed...but not enough to assume that he can be a franchise QB. Besides, even if we did want to trade for him, for some reason, I can't imagine the asking price would be worth it. If Whitehurst commanded a 3rd round pick, does anyone think that Green Bay would want less than that for a guy that has shown that he is capable of being a really good backup for their franchise QB who is accruing injuries?
Originally posted by dj43:
He had a pretty good game tonight considering it was his first start. He showed he could change speeds and make the throws. His lack of experience against the blitz showed but that is to be expected. Overall, he showed why McCarthy has moved him from #3 to #2. If GB had been playing anyone but Brady, they would have won that game.

uh, if green bay had been playing even an average defense they would have lost either way. you saw what the lions did to him and they are middle of the pack. the patriots have one of the worst defenses in the league. granted they turned it on the past 2 weeks, but overall they are playing with a lot of rooks and guys off the street. they were also down a few lineman.
I guess this thread was inevitable. Watching the game I was thinking "I bet someone's put a thread up for Matt Flynn as the next 9er QB."

You know, that Tom Brady looked pretty good. How bout we target him this offseason?!
Sorry guys this thread was definitely a knee jerk reaction. It was way too premature to start. Like most niner fans, I have grown too old of the Alex Smiths, Tim Rattays, Cody Picketts, Trent Dilfers, JT O'Sullivans, Chris Weinkes, and so on. I just want the next QB era to come. The only reason I started this thread was because any QB we land in the draft will be a building project and I do not see Philly trading away Kolb with the way Vick plays (reckless). Whats left after that?? McNabb
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Sorry guys this thread was definitely a knee jerk reaction. It was way too premature to start. Like most niner fans, I have grown too old of the Alex Smiths, Tim Rattays, Cody Picketts, Trent Dilfers, JT O'Sullivans, Chris Weinkes, and so on. I just want the next QB era to come. The only reason I started this thread was because any QB we land in the draft will be a building project and I do not see Philly trading away Kolb with the way Vick plays (reckless). Whats left after that?? McNabb

I understand your pain. I also like that you see the reality in the Kolb/Vick situation. Good stuff.

I think it'll come down to who our coach is next season. If it ends up being Gruden (I hope not) we'll sign a random older vet and go from there. I think we'll end up resigning Troy Smith, if for no other reason than to just have a body there. Nate will be around too. Regardless, I don't see much in terms of a free agent savior out there for us. Let's just hope the draft treats us well.
  • mod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,924
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
All of a sudden some guy has a flashy/good nite & the 49er faithful jumps on the bandwagon

you guys get impressed to easily huh?

RELAX ITS JUST ONE FREAKIN GAME!!!!!!!!

We're not that easy to impress

Josh Morgan
Shaun Hill
JT O'sullivan
Britt Miller
Marcus Maxwell
Troy Smith
David Carr
Alex Smith
Dominique Zeigler
Bear Pascoe
Nate Davis
Jason Hill
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by dj43:
He had a pretty good game tonight considering it was his first start. He showed he could change speeds and make the throws. His lack of experience against the blitz showed but that is to be expected. Overall, he showed why McCarthy has moved him from #3 to #2. If GB had been playing anyone but Brady, they would have won that game.

uh, if green bay had been playing even an average defense they would have lost either way. you saw what the lions did to him and they are middle of the pack. the patriots have one of the worst defenses in the league. granted they turned it on the past 2 weeks, but overall they are playing with a lot of rooks and guys off the street. they were also down a few lineman.

They're 12-2. I don't care who you are you don't go 12-2 without having a good defense.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
With more veteran quarterbacks in Mcnabb, Palmer and Orton likely up for grabs, I'd rather take a chance on one of them.

Wow. I don't want Flynn or any of them. Have we permanently embraced mediocrity?
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
With more veteran quarterbacks in Mcnabb, Palmer and Orton likely up for grabs, I'd rather take a chance on one of them.

Wow. I don't want Flynn or any of them. Have we permanently embraced mediocrity?

I'm with you, I would hate to have any of those guys.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,793
Matt Schaub was 0-2 with 6 TDs and 6 Ints and a 69.2 QB rating with Atlanta and he has turned into a pretty good starting QB.