There are 182 users in the forums

Roger Goodell

Shop 49ers game tickets
wow the goodell haters have no idea whats going on. he wants the whole thing settled like we do. but he's working with billion dollar owners who want every cent they can get before they agree to a deal. i think he's done a great job. he's doing the best he can to create rules to protect the game we love and try to expand it at the same time.
Originally posted by Janitor:

Vick raped dogs?

http://www.slate.com/id/2170734/

Quote:
. This is where the rape stand, also called a breeding stand, comes in. It consists of two steel poles mounted to the ends of a platform that's often made of wood. U-shaped pieces of curved metal sit atop each pole; one goes around the belly of a female pit bull and the other around her neck. The stand isn't illegal, but dog breeders don't normally use it; after all, female dogs in heat aren't so particular. And most people wouldn't want to breed poorly socialized dogs that must be strapped down to mate. But breeders of attack dogs place special value on females that are so mean they might bite any male dogs that get too close. People find these stands online or through an underground dogfighting magazine, or they make their own.

not to mention
Quote:
Authorities also discovered performance-enhancing drugs on the property, and one news report suggested Vick regularly purchased syringes. Dogfighters might inject their dogs with stimulants before a fight.

[ Edited by jojomellon on Mar 11, 2011 at 23:31:54 ]
I can't fathom how a sport that makes as much money and is as popular as the NFL could ever have a work stoppage. The people at the top have to be very stupid for that to happen. I understand where the players are coming from in the sense that the owners backed out of a deal, proposed a worse deal then came back and offered to split the difference on the worse deal. I think its the small market owners driving this, since they don't bring in the money that the bigger markets do and want to make up for that by taking more of the players share.

Having said that, again, the people at the top should have sniffed this out a long time ago and started working on this when they has years (not a month) to settle it. If this lingers on into the season but Goodell and De Smith should be forced to resign imo. Goodell is a joke and will go down in history as the king who destroyed his empire. Really very frustrating.
I agree with Chief, Goodell has brought in a lot of rule changes that have hurt the game in my opinion. The pussification of the NFL is going to be the eventual downfall of the league.

Fining players because they hit to hard...please.
Originally posted by jojomellon:

Vick raped dogs?

Quote:
. This is where the rape stand, also called a breeding stand, comes in. It consists of two steel poles mounted to the ends of a platform that's often made of wood. U-shaped pieces of curved metal sit atop each pole; one goes around the belly of a female pit bull and the other around her neck. The stand isn't illegal, but dog breeders don't normally use it; after all, female dogs in heat aren't so particular. And most people wouldn't want to breed poorly socialized dogs that must be strapped down to mate. But breeders of attack dogs place special value on females that are so mean they might bite any male dogs that get too close. People find these stands online or through an underground dogfighting magazine, or they make their own.

not to mention
Quote:
Authorities also discovered performance-enhancing drugs on the property, and one news report suggested Vick regularly purchased syringes. Dogfighters might inject their dogs with stimulants before a fight.

lol. where does it say that Vick raped dogs?
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Vick raped dogs?

Quote:

not to mention
Quote:

He helped dogs, rape dogs...wait...that's not funny
Originally posted by b9er37:

Vick raped dogs?

Quote:

not to mention
Quote:

Actually it is!!! Thanks, I needed a laugh in these sad times!
Originally posted by KezarLivin:

Vick raped dogs?

Quote:

not to mention
Quote:

haha. that would be a great slogan. "Helping dogs rape dogs since 2002."
Originally posted by KezarLivin:

Vick raped dogs?

Quote:

not to mention
Quote:

He had a gimp machine for dogs to brothel female dogs.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by Chief:
I like him. All the Goodell hate is totally unjustified. Tagliabue did nothing. Goodell:
- brought in a rookie cap
- cracked down on concussions(which is the single best thing hes done, unless you like watching players die at 45 from depression)
cracked down on conduct and i think the results of that have been huge too.
- moved the first round of the draft to primetime

What has he done wrong? Im against the 18 game season but that probably wont happen anyways. Hes not the problem in this labor dispute, the owners and players are. hes just a figure head for the owners.

The players pushed for the good changes, the only thing Goodell has done is kicked out Vick for fighting dogs and let a drunk driving murderer back in early. There is no rookie pay scale yet, and when there is it is because the owners and players insisted on it.

Goodell has really not done anything on his own will except let this disagreement get out of hand and jeopardize the NFL season.
Vick killed and raped dogs, as well as all of this being involved in illegal gambling. Stallworth hit a man who shouldnt have been walking across a highspeed highway. Vick was suspended only the 07 season and 2 games in 09 and spent all of 2008 in jail. Stallworth was convicted of only of second degree manslaughter and suspended 16 games. Nice job with the spin bro.

If Goodell hasnt 'done anything on his own', what is he supposed to do? I have no idea what kind of point you are trying to make, I dont know if you know either though.

Vick raped dogs?

The first time I'm hearing that too.

hopefully also the last.

Oh man, I got a good laugh out of that.

Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I like him. All the Goodell hate is totally unjustified. Tagliabue did nothing. Goodell:
- cracked down on concussions(which is the single best thing hes done, unless you like watching players die at 45 from depression)

What has he done wrong? Im against the 18 game season but that probably wont happen anyways. Hes not the problem in this labor dispute, the owners and players are. hes just a figure head for the owners.

The players pushed for the good changes, the only thing Goodell has done is kicked out Vick for fighting dogs and let a drunk driving murderer back in early. There is no rookie pay scale yet, and when there is it is because the owners and players insisted on it.

Goodell has really not done anything on his own will except let this disagreement get out of hand and jeopardize the NFL season.
Vick killed and raped dogs, as well as all of this being involved in illegal gambling. Stallworth hit a man who shouldnt have been walking across a highspeed highway. Vick was suspended only the 07 season and 2 games in 09 and spent all of 2008 in jail. Stallworth was convicted of only of second degree manslaughter and suspended 16 games. Nice job with the spin bro.

If Goodell hasnt 'done anything on his own', what is he supposed to do? I have no idea what kind of point you are trying to make, I dont know if you know either though.

Vick raped dogs?

The first time I'm hearing that too.

hopefully also the last.

Oh man, I got a good laugh out of that.

unfortunately, my hopes were dashed.

Screwed up the draft by breaking it into 3 and putting the first two rounds on workdays.
Originally posted by English:

Screwed up the draft by breaking it into 3 and putting the first two rounds on workdays.

i can't think of one thing that Goodell has done to have a seriously positive effect on the league. Even the concussion stuff was belated and handled wrong. The league, if it were really doing its job, would have been on top of that years ago, not making reactionary decisions mid-season.

but it had even better ratings. thus, more ad money coming in

i can't think of one thing that Goodell has done to have a seriously positive effect on the league. Even the concussion stuff was belated and handled wrong. The league, if it were really doing its job, would have been on top of that years ago, not making reactionary decisions mid-season.

but he put in a rookie pay scale that we can't see
Share 49ersWebzone