There are 143 users in the forums

Gates expected to miss Chargers' game Thursday vs. 49ers

Shop 49ers game tickets
A little hope for us yet...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cebbca/article/gates-expected-to-miss-chargers-game-thursday-vs-49ers?module=HP_headlines

San Diego Chargers tight end Antonio Gates is unlikely to play against the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday night, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Gates, who has been playing through a torn plantar fascia in his right foot, has done very little during practices this week. Gates was inactive for this past Sunday's victory over the Kansas City Chiefs, and a short week of preparation does not appear as if it will allow enough healing time for Gates to participate, the source said Wednesday.

Gates sustained the injury during an Oct. 31 victory over the Tennessee Titans. He missed the next two games, but he played in Weeks 12 and 13, catching 10 passes and scoring a touchdown, although clearly bothered by the injury.

Gates' 50 receptions, 782 yards and 10 touchdowns lead the Chargers in spite of missing three full games.
[ Edited by Psinex on Dec 15, 2010 at 6:24 AM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
This is good news.
we're going to win this game....
one less weapon to worry about
Who is their back up? Since I don't know off-hand without looking it up, I'll assume he sucks.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Who is their back up? Since I don't know off-hand without looking it up, I'll assume he sucks.

Randy McMichael
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

Randy McMichael

Not a bad backup IMO. Let's beat these fools!
So you're telling me there's a chance.................
great now their going to just air out the long ball

Originally posted by AlexThief:

pshhhhhhh go ahead and try. Pick 6 for Goldson and Clements.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Psinex:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cebbca/article/gates-expected-to-miss-chargers-game-thursday-vs-49ers?module=HP_headlines

San Diego Chargers tight end Antonio Gates is unlikely to play against the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday night, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Gates, who has been playing through a torn plantar fascia in his right foot, has done very little during practices this week. Gates was inactive for this past Sunday's victory over the Kansas City Chiefs, and a short week of preparation does not appear as if it will allow enough healing time for Gates to participate, the source said Wednesday.

Gates sustained the injury during an Oct. 31 victory over the Tennessee Titans. He missed the next two games, but he played in Weeks 12 and 13, catching 10 passes and scoring a touchdown, although clearly bothered by the injury.

Gates' 50 receptions, 782 yards and 10 touchdowns lead the Chargers in spite of missing three full games.
The NFL injury report lists him as "doubtful," which means it is 75% that he will NOT play.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Psinex:

The NFL injury report lists him as "doubtful," which means it is 75% that he will NOT play.

3:50 in

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by AlexThief:

pshhhhhhh go ahead and try. Pick 6 for Goldson and Clements.

clements won't be able to get a pick 6 he'll fumble it before
This really changes things. -Rivers will not be playing with his favorite/only/escape route target.
Share 49ersWebzone