There are 184 users in the forums

Visiting Team in SAN DIEGO

Shop 49ers game tickets
A friend of mine really wants to meet some 49ers players but I'm quite convinced that when they're the visiting team they sort of just show up the night before, show up and play and then leave.

Is there any chance that the players would be out and about in SD during the day of the game?
[ Edited by 1swift on Dec 13, 2010 at 5:48 PM ]
Wednesday night around their hotel is your best chance. They flight back after the game, and game day they usually spend the day in their hotels getting a pregame meal and then go to the stadium.

I'm not sure where in SD away teams stay but you can probably google it or something. Also if you are going to the game, the Yorks are notorious for passing out field passes to 9er fans on the road for away games.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Wednesday night around their hotel is your best chance. They flight back after the game, and game day they usually spend the day in their hotels getting a pregame meal and then go to the stadium.

I'm not sure where in SD away teams stay but you can probably google it or something. Also if you are going to the game, the Yorks are notorious for passing out field passes to 9er fans on the road for away games.

Thanks for the info global. As for those field passes, I've never heard of that. What do you suggest to have a chance at some field passes? Do you have to arrive early or in any specific area?
Originally posted by 1swift:
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Thanks for the info global. As for those field passes, I've never heard of that. What do you suggest to have a chance at some field passes? Do you have to arrive early or in any specific area?

From what I hear is if you go in when the stadium opens (I think the rule is 3 hours before game time) and hang out in the stands down behind the 49ers bench area, you might get lucky.

you should PM http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/members/profile.php?user=Fricker he usually always gets field passes, but I'm not sure what his connection is, but he could probably give you some good ideas.
Originally posted by 1swift:
A friend of mine really wants to meet some 49ers players but I'm quite convinced that when they're the visiting team they sort of just show up the night before, show up and play and then leave.

Is there any chance that the players would be out and about in SD during the day of the game?

Most teams stay at the Mission Valley Mariott.
Share 49ersWebzone