LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Tension brewing between Raiders HC Tom Cable and OC Hue Jackson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Link Here...

Quote:
Report: Tension brewing between Tom Cable, Hue Jackson
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 13, 2010, 4:03 PM EST

Some losses hurt more than others. Oakland’s 38-31 loss in Jacksonville Sunday will leave a mark, partly because the Raiders held a ten point lead midway through the third quarter.

At 6-7, the Raiders need to win out and hope for the Chargers and Chiefs slump. In the meantime, Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports points towards trouble bubbling beneath the surface in Oakland. Asked why the Raiders threw on two key consecutive fourth quarter plays while Kyle Boller was in the lineup, Cable essentially blamed offensive coordinator Hue Jackson.

“I don’t know. That is not for me to decide right now,” Cable said.

Cole reports Cable was angry when Al Davis brought in Jackson to be the offensive coordinator and call the plays. Sources close to Jackson tell Cole that Cable has tried to “undercut” him since.

“Jackson has been so unhappy with the situation that associates have been pushing him for a number of openings in the pro and college ranks,” Cole writes.

The Raiders have already won more games (six) this season than they have since 2002. They have scored 118 more points on offense than they did all of last year.

Despite the on-field improvement, the Raiders still haven’t shaken the off-field drama that has plagued the organization for years.
Wow, another Kiffin/Rob Ryan/Al Davis, Turner/Davis, and Gruden/Al Davis repeat.

It seems like no HC can succeed on their own in Oakland (once they feel it's their team), or do things their own way without Al's stamp of approval (or his tinkering behind closed doors, the way he orders a coach's coordinators around).

The Raiders are so dysfunctional that they may never get a HC to come there again (out of his own desire), this team has to rely upon coordinator/assistant coach rotations now. So 10 bucks says Hue Jackson will be the next Raiders HC after this season.
I have always said Cable shouldn't be a head coach. It was a stupid move on Davis part, along with hiring an OC the head coach didn't want.

The Raiders are always a joke.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Jackson better be careful because Cable will punch him.
Jackson has done a tremendous job there given the talent they have to work with.
Originally posted by susweel:
Jackson better be careful because Cable will punch him.

I'd say Hue Jackson is the reason they're even having any success. Cable is once again proving that he's a moron.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I'd say Hue Jackson is the reason they're even having any success. Cable is once again proving that he's a moron.

It's been reported that Al Davis REALLY likes Hue Jackson. I think this is a political posturing by the Raiders to add additional fire against Tom Cable to make a move at the end of the season. And it will be a good move, too.
Originally posted by GEEK:

It's been reported that Al Davis REALLY likes Hue Jackson. I think this is a political posturing by the Raiders to add additional fire against Tom Cable to make a move at the end of the season. And it will be a good move, too.

Probably. The crypt keeper is makin some sneaky moves up in Oaktown

really

I think Cable > Singletary

I'd hire cable to the coaching staff, not HC, but I'd find room for him.

Hue Jacksons the one that called for Boller to pass on 4th and 1

There's been a lot of talk on the radio about how this is all a bunch of BS.
Tom Cables Punch Out Part 2?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:

really

I think Cable > Singletary

I'd hire cable to the coaching staff, not HC, but I'd find room for him.

Hue Jacksons the one that called for Boller to pass on 4th and 1

His specialty is on the OL.
How did the Raiders manage to lose that game?
Share 49ersWebzone