LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Carson Palmer to the 49ers? SI's Peter King thinks so.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Palmer sucks this year but a "sucky Palmer" in the NFC West is better than anything around these neck of the woods. I'd take him.
what other FA options are out there? I'd take palmer as long as he didn't cost a billion or so.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by dj43:
Palmer had one good season and was injured. Since then his overall QB rating has been about the same as Alex Smith. Right now Palmer, with two of the better WRs in the game on his side, has a rating of 78, lower than Smith.

I don't know if Alex would be willing to stay here another year or not but I would rather have him than Palmer.

Actually Carson Palmer just took his team to the playoffs last year with a 10-6 record.

Would you say a change of scenery would be better for Palmer???
Perhaps. His ratings have gone steadily downward since 2005 to where he is now less the 80. He's a West Coast guy and coming back home might spark him but that is a pretty big chance to take with the 2nd round draft choice.

Palmer is another one of those guys that I might sign as a FA but I wouldn't give up a first day draft pick for him. Best I would give for him is a 5th.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
No thanks.
Hmmm, I should ask my wife. She works with Carson Palmer's mother-in-law. Maybe she has some inside information...
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Palmer had one good season and was injured. Since then his overall QB rating has been about the same as Alex Smith. Right now Palmer, with two of the better WRs in the game on his side, has a rating of 78, lower than Smith.

I don't know if Alex would be willing to stay here another year or not but I would rather have him than Palmer.

Actually Carson Palmer just took his team to the playoffs last year with a 10-6 record.

Would you say a change of scenery would be better for Palmer???
Perhaps. His ratings have gone steadily downward since 2005 to where he is now less the 80. He's a West Coast guy and coming back home might spark him but that is a pretty big chance to take with the 2nd round draft choice.

Palmer is another one of those guys that I might sign as a FA but I wouldn't give up a first day draft pick for him. Best I would give for him is a 5th.

Totally feel the same way here. He's worth a 5th, 4th at the very most and that's probably overpaying. IMHO anyone who wants to give up a 2nd rounder for him is sniffing glue. The fact he needs to restructure no matter what scenario plays out should go with out saying.
Share 49ersWebzone