LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

THE METRODOME IN MINNEAPOLIS HAS BEEN DESTROYED BY HEAVY SNOW!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran

Damn
Originally posted by niner_empire:

holy..looks like something out of an end of the world movie.

at :11 on the far sideline you can see someone hauling *ss on a cart trying to get the hell out of there.

at :11 on the far sideline you can see someone hauling *ss on a cart trying to get the hell out of there.

Wow! People could have died thanks to that old POS stadium. If that doesn't get them a new one, they should leave for LA.
Vikings new stadium leverage just increased, say somethin' now Minneapolis sports commission. Still think Candlestick is the worst stadium in the league? :)
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
imagine if this happened in the middle of the game?

Yup. How long would it take to completely reconstruct the roof so its 100% safe to play again? I know if I'm a fan I'm not going there for quite some time

I'd be surprised if they played there again this season.
Originally posted by niners_guy:
Vikings new stadium leverage just increased, say somethin' now Minneapolis sports commission. Still think Candlestick is the worst stadium in the league? :)

Not even an earthquake could bring the Stick down

Seen that during the game and couldn't believe it. My brother said this morning there was a leak but that is bad. They should rip the balloon top off and have an outdoor stadium.

Edit: Could you imagine if that happened during a game. Would have been mass panic and just think if they where playing right under that hole?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 12, 2010 at 4:54 PM ]
Originally posted by HessianDud:
damn, that's insane! If I lived in Minnesota right now I'd be f**king pissed. Not only are you stuck in the middle of a crazy storm, but that storm just sent your football team to Los Angeles.
talk about deflation
Originally posted by AZ9er:

Damn

Wow I don't think you can play the rest of the year in that... Can they fix that with 3 weeks left? I don't think so. Looks like a major repair in the summertime when you can work on it.

One game at Lions but what about the rest? At Minnesota Golden Gophers stadium?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AZ9er:

Damn

Wow I don't think you can play the rest of the year in that... Can they fix that with 3 weeks left? I don't think so. Looks like a major repair in the summertime when you can work on it.

One game at Lions but what about the rest? At Minnesota Golden Gophers stadium?

Make em play in L.A.
That video is awesome.
Maybe they just make it an outdoor stadium for next season, but then the contract will not be renewed. The relocation can be happening indeed.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Vikings FO just said a big "I TOLD YOU SO!" to the league lol.

Their leverage for a new stadium just skyrocketed.

I don't see how this could be fixed this year. They'll have to figure something else out.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
That video is awesome.

Seriously. The pictures of the roof from the sky are awesome, but to actually have video of it. Amazing.
Share 49ersWebzone