LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

THE METRODOME IN MINNEAPOLIS HAS BEEN DESTROYED BY HEAVY SNOW!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—A snowstorm has pushed the New York Giants-Minnesota Vikings game to Monday night.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed the decision in an e-mail message Saturday night, with the Giants stuck in Kansas City because of the weather in Minnesota that brought 15 or more inches of snow.

Aiello said the decision was made on the recommendation of Metrodome officials. Kickoff time and television arrangements were still being determined.

The delay gives Vikings quarterback Brett Favre(notes) another day to heal. Favre is aiming to make his NFL-record 298th straight start, with a sprained shoulder that has made throwing difficult. He’s listed as questionable to play the Giants.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtTyPgWLdEJ6JoqkU_kb7kBDubYF?slug=ap-giants-vikings-snowstorm
[ Edited by global_nomad on Dec 12, 2010 at 9:13 AM ]
they are not back up the start time. If they lose cause they cant in and prepare properly, shame on the NFL.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
they are not back up the start time. If they lose cause they cant in and prepare properly, shame on the NFL.

Me on give bad mood for team giant for bad fair.
Originally posted by Chief:

hahha, what they hell did I type.

They are not backing up the start time. If they lose because they cannot prepare properly, shame on the NFL.

lol
  • Chief
  • Veteran

They are not backing up the start time. If they lose because they cannot prepare properly, shame on the NFL.

lol

:)

Ahhh yes, this makes more sense!

lol

haha, I don't know what the f*ck happened. Damn captain and cokes!

:)

Ahhh yes, this makes more sense!
It's Goodells best effort to make sure his boyfriend brett favre has a better chance to win a game. What a joke. Why can't they make it a 4pm EST starting time?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
It's Goodells best effort to make sure his boyfriend brett favre has a better chance to win a game. What a joke. Why can't they make it a 4pm EST starting time?

This isn't the first time a game has been bumped to Monday. It's happened many times for different reasons. Bumping the game 3 hours might not help if it's still dumping snow in the area. If the plane can't land, the team can't play.
monday night

beat the vikings and beat the eagles go giants go!
[ Edited by teeohh on Dec 11, 2010 at 7:57 PM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I always thought the NFL should have 2 Monday night games a week anyways

Just heard on the radio that the roof has co;;apsed and you cannot even see it above the roof

Wow

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2010/12/12/metrodome-roof-collapses/
Props to LundyLove for first posting this, but this needed a new thread considering the enormity and all:

Originally posted by LundyLove:
Just heard on the radio that the roof has co;;apsed and you cannot even see it above the roof

Wow

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2010/12/12/metrodome-roof-collapses/

[ Edited by zillabeast on Dec 12, 2010 at 7:09 AM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
That's a bummer. Anyone injured?
The vikings did it on purpose so Favre wouldn't end his streak
Originally posted by LundyLove:

Wow

yeah, funny huh? just when the start steak was ending....hmmm
Share 49ersWebzone