could? sounds like a guess.

exactly
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Schefter and Mortenson were saying Norv could be SAFE for 2011

exactly

I hope he stays. We need less competition for the big HC names.
They need to put that GM Smith on the hot seat instead of Norv.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
wow... Norv is an offensive guy who has Rivers to work with along with the #1 D... he's in the AFC West... and SD watches KC win the division and gets bounced out by Cincinnati!

LOL

I've been waiting for the day to throw it in AJ Smith's fat face... should never have taken Norv away from us.. great OC, bad HC....

I love that San Diego drafted LaDainian and Drew Brees (in the same effin' draft!) yet someone fails to even make 1 Super Bowl appearance. If he didn't play such hardball with Vincent Jackson and McNeil they are probably in the playoffs this year. This guy sucks as GM wow!

the LORD OF NO RINGS lol
perhaps the chargers didnt win a ring in the last years, but they were in the playoffs, sometimes even very deep. so i dont see turner as a bad HC...and i dont see why AJ smith is a bad GM...
i remember about a couple of games which were lost by stupid mistakes or seldom seen moments like TWO td-returns by washington (seachickens) or the 1st loss against the chiefs.
that team doesnt have much talent and still did a great job...
Norv Turner is the offensive version of Wade Phillips. Great coordinators but have no business being HCs.
report: chargers keeping smith/turner
Now that Norv is staying, Alex Smith will back up Phillip Rivers in 2011. Book it.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Schefter and Mortenson were saying Norv could be SAFE for 2011

exactly

I hope he stays. We need less competition for the big HC names.

this.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Now that Norv is staying, Alex Smith will back up Phillip Rivers in 2011. Book it.

Actually, that would make a lot of sense.
Originally posted by Nes49:

Actually, that would make a lot of sense.

I guess we will learn a lot about "nice guy" Alex Smith. If he really wants to go to a place where he can compete for a starting job he might go somewhere like MIA (depending on their new HC) or Cincinnati.

But if the finance major saved his money, and wants to go home in a comfortable place where he can succeed a few games a year max as a back up, he can go to SD.

Share 49ersWebzone