There are 330 users in the forums

Is Norv Turner on the hot seat?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Is Norv Turner on the hot seat?

I don't think so...unless the Chargers really believe they can get a Cowher, or a Gruden, or even a Harbaugh, than he could be on the hot seat. However, there are soooo many teams out there that are going to be searching for a new HC. 49ers, Vikings, Cowboys(?), Panthers, Titans(?), Jags (if they don't make the playoffs), Bengals(?), Broncos...so basically at least 4 teams will have new HC's; can you name 5-6 better "FA" coaches than Norv? That's what it comes down to.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
I don't think so...unless the Chargers really believe they can get a Cowher, or a Gruden, or even a Harbaugh, than he could be on the hot seat. However, there are soooo many teams out there that are going to be searching for a new HC. 49ers, Vikings, Cowboys(?), Panthers, Titans(?), Jags (if they don't make the playoffs), Bengals(?), Broncos...so basically at least 4 teams will have new HC's; can you name 5-6 better "FA" coaches than Norv? That's what it comes down to.

I think the Vikings and Cowboys want to extend their interim coaches, the Panthers want Cowher b/c hes a north carolina guy, titans might want to retain fisher and the Broncos want a defensive minded coach.
hope Turner gets fired and Jerry Jones goes with Fisher in Dallas. Even though they are old Cowboy guys I wouldn't mind having Turner as HC and Garrett as OC. They worked together in the early 90s when Garrett was a back up QB for Norv.
screw norv im glad he failed as a HC
well if he wasn't before he is now.
Originally posted by backontop:

With this game winding slowly to the end, most San Diego fans are probably breaking out their torches and pitchforks and heading over to Qualcomm to ask for Norv Turner's resignation, and I don't blame them.

The Chargers have started out flat ever year under Norv Turner, especially this year, as they fell to 2-5 to begin the season.

With all the talent that the Chargers have, this in and of itself is hardly acceptable. To let that talent go to waste is a shame.

Now, with this (assumed) loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, Norv Turner may have dug his own grave.

The only person saving him: A.J. Smith.

The Chargers general manager has drawn a lot of heat recently as his drafting abilities decline and his ego starts to get in the way of major personnel situations.

Taking that ego into account, it seems unlikely that Smith will cut ties with Turner after handing him a contract extension in the off season.

In any case, most everyone in San Diego will be calling for the job of A.J. Smith. It may be time to start compliling a list of potential coaches.
link
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by backontop:

With this game winding slowly to the end, most San Diego fans are probably breaking out their torches and pitchforks and heading over to Qualcomm to ask for Norv Turner's resignation, and I don't blame them.

The Chargers have started out flat ever year under Norv Turner, especially this year, as they fell to 2-5 to begin the season.

With all the talent that the Chargers have, this in and of itself is hardly acceptable. To let that talent go to waste is a shame.

Now, with this (assumed) loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, Norv Turner may have dug his own grave.

The only person saving him: A.J. Smith.

The Chargers general manager has drawn a lot of heat recently as his drafting abilities decline and his ego starts to get in the way of major personnel situations.

Taking that ego into account, it seems unlikely that Smith will cut ties with Turner after handing him a contract extension in the off season.

In any case, most everyone in San Diego will be calling for the job of A.J. Smith. It may be time to start compliling a list of potential coaches.
link

It's not Norv's fault they started the season off without McNeil and Jackson. Once those guys got back, specfically McNeil, they started winning some games. I honestly didn't think that was a very talented team this year and I'm not surprised Norv only won 8 games with them.
wow... Norv is an offensive guy who has Rivers to work with along with the #1 D... he's in the AFC West... and SD watches KC win the division and gets bounced out by Cincinnati!

LOL

I've been waiting for the day to throw it in AJ Smith's fat face... should never have taken Norv away from us.. great OC, bad HC....

I love that San Diego drafted LaDainian and Drew Brees (in the same effin' draft!) yet someone fails to even make 1 Super Bowl appearance. If he didn't play such hardball with Vincent Jackson and McNeil they are probably in the playoffs this year. This guy sucks as GM wow!

the LORD OF NO RINGS lol
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Lets bring the cowgirls to the west coast....bring in Jimmy Johnson as our HC and Norv as our OC....

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Juniorminime:
Lets bring the cowgirls to the west coast....bring in Jimmy Johnson as our HC and Norv and as our OC (Aikmen's back up) Jason Garrett....

fixed. Something tells me Jimmy Johnson is not going to want to leave Key West for San Jose
Schefter and Mortenson were saying Norv could be SAFE for 2011
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Schefter and Mortenson were saying Norv could be SAFE for 2011

could? sounds like a guess.
Share 49ersWebzone