There are 174 users in the forums

Denver = harbaugh ? Please no!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by rtj03:
Im worried that denver fired mcdaniels for the purpose of trying to get harbaugh before he signs the extension with stanford.

I really would like to see harbaugh as our next coach and would hate to lose him to denver. I hope we act soon and that there are already some deals going down for us.
Originally posted by zozell:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Josh McDaniels has to be one of the biggest HC fails of all time.

I actually think this guy is a bigger fail... and he kinda looks like him too...

McDaniels was given full control. he drafted his team, made trades, etc. Kiffin was just an Al Davis puppet.
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Jason La Canfora tweeted yesterday:
Quote:
gary kubiak if he becomes available. Gregg williams, leslie frazier, ron rivera perhaps

I think the broncos will want to hire defensive minded coach this time

Send them Singletary for Champ Bailey!!!!
  • evil
  • Veteran

I actually think this guy is a bigger fail... and he kinda looks like him too...

McDaniels was given full control. he drafted his team, made trades, etc. Kiffin was just an Al Davis puppet.

Actually they hired Brian Xanders as GM. McDaniels did not have full control.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

McDaniels was the brains behind alot of what went on as much as anyone else. Tebow was his pick. they hired a GM, but i think it was a team effort between the 2 equally as far as decision making on player/personnel.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

McDaniels was the brains behind alot of what went on as much as anyone else. Tebow was his pick. they hired a GM, but i think it was a team effort between the 2 equally as far as decision making on player/personnel.

I don't know about the internal power structure of the Denver Broncos, but I think its pretty clear McDaniels was the reason they lost Cutler and Nolan. Maybe Marshall, too (but I'm not sure Marshall was ever happy there).
  • Envy
  • Veteran

Hmm I'm not so sure he should be written off too soon. The guy clearly has an offensive mind that works. Perhaps if he got into a situation like Caldwell then he might prosper. He is still very young in coaching terms and I wouldn't be surprised to seem him as a head coach again.
There are rumors (according to Dan Patrick on ESPN radio) that Urban Myer left Florida so that he could go to Denver and coach Tebow again.

I think that would be great, if it happened, because then they won't go after a coach I want. And it would be fun as hell to watch that experiment totally fail.

Who knows. Myer might even sign Alex Smith as a backup/bridge QB.....
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
There are rumors (according to Dan Patrick on ESPN radio) that Urban Myer left Florida so that he could go to Denver and coach Tebow again.

I think that would be great, if it happened, because then they won't go after a coach I want. And it would be fun as hell to watch that experiment totally fail.

if Mayer took over in Denver the possibility of him signing Alex Smith is pretty high. Didn't he call Alex one of the smartest QB's he has ever coached? Also I am not sure if I see Alex going somewhere to be a backup. I can picture a few teams picking him up to start.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

if Mayer took over in Denver the possibility of him signing Alex Smith is pretty high. Didn't he call Alex one of the smartest QB's he has ever coached? Also I am not sure if I see Alex going somewhere to be a backup. I can picture a few teams picking him up to start.

Like what teams would need a QB as horrible as Alex to start?

• FL9er
  • Veteran
A writer from NFL.com suggested that the Broncos hire Eric DeCosta as GM and Jim Harbaugh as HC (not that the 49ers couldn't do that).
Share 49ersWebzone